[Suggestion] Last Man Standing [LMS]

Is Jivvi studpi?

• Total voters

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
LAST MAN STANDING

See title. Last Man Standing. Not quite sure where to start, so here goes!

An LMS round would have a pretty basic base, last person alive = win, but it might be a pretty cool idea if we could AoD-ify it a bit.

You could maybe have a PvE-style map, where Survivors have to fend off torrential waves of mobs, perhaps camping in a tower or defending a castle gateway, although this might be more of a Mob Siege or Tower Defense kind of concept.

Maybe you could have a LMS mode that involves, fast, weak Hunters that dart up and smite you, and as more and more people fell, it would become very difficult to fend off all the little hypervoles, weak as they are. A possible flaw here might be the Dark Hunter. It's possible they'll just get pummeled all round. This might be remedied by starting with a small pack of hunters, maybe 2-3-5, depending on players online. (I personally think this gamemode has some potential. Skilled mapmakers who manage the gameplay as well as they do the scenery could make somehting epic out of this)

Possibly, (drifting slightly away from overall theme of AOD, Hunters vs Survivors) you could have an FFA, in which the defeated can become Hunters and band together to avange themselves against the foolish Survivors who are (for some inexplicable reason) duking it out between themselves. (maybe Dave ate the last cookie again)

Aside from LMS, I also had another suggestion poking and nagging the rear of my brain:

Perhaps a kind of Rock-Paper-Scissors match, in which 3 parties each have a opponent party that they attack, and one that they avoid. Rock, (lets say Hunters) will slaughter an Paper (lets say Survivors) and the Survivor will join the Hunters. Each party would be immune from damage from the party that they attack, but will take damage from the one that they defend from. The team which has the most members at round end(or claims each player for their own team) would win. In the latter case, the round would end.

One last suggestion might be to have a Free for All Team Switch round. In a similar concept to the above suggestion, but it has some major differences. Each player would start on their own team. At round begin, it's a free-for-all, but upon being killed by someone, the slain player then joins their murderer's team. If a team leader is then killed, the team is either [I'm unsure of this one: disbanded, transferred to under the name of the first unwilling recruit or the team simply remains as it is, although this would be unfair, due to the leader of the team recieving the highest amount of brains. In terms of fairness in rewards, the second option (disbanding) is the best, but gameplay-wise, the first variable (2ic gains control) is favourable. This gameode is proably the furterest away from true AoD PvP, but its different, and might add a different flavour to the experience!

Perhaps if there was just a little nidget in the lobby for 2-4 player deathmatches. These would have very small maps, small enough so that you wouldnt need a timer, and a small reward was given to the last man standing.
Maybe standing near this entrance or wing of the lobby would tune you into the Duel broadcasts instead of the main game. As for grinding, the reward mayb just be 15 or so points - more worth your while to play an actual round. And so, there would be a small little option to have a proper brawl with 2-4 people on, and a little private arena for that old vendetta or that ultimate rematch.

All of these suggestion, reckon, could be a lot of fun, with the right coding, kits and maps, and though some drift away from the core theme of AoD, they could be a lot of fun, and spice up the rotation a bit! :laugh:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hm. Thank you for the suggestion, but I personally don't really like these ideas. I think these ideas drift too far away from AoD, and I think these would actually work well with tnt wars.
The LMS where everyone is defending a castle from fast but weak hunters can easily be made by a map maker taking advantage of input files and the customization that is available. Just make the map so survivors have to stay in a castle and the hunters spawn outside it, and make hunters have speed and weakness.
I don't understand the rock paper scissors one, but the others, in my opinion, are too different from AoD. I think these would fit tnt wars better. I think it would be impossible to code these things too.
Thank you for the suggestions though.

• Agree
Reactions: Pikmon2

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The Tower Defense/Mob Siege idea was seperate to the LMS with quick little Hunters :roflmao:
But yeah, some might work for TNT, some might work for nothing
I though the last little spoilered one might be a nice thing in AoD, but meh :laugh:

Oh well!
\(^-^)/

W

Wimali

you are jivvi, and you voted you are stupid what is this why