[Suggestion] Keep inventory

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
This(losing my inventory) has been bugging me for a while, not to an extent that I absolutely NEED it, but to where I think it'd(the suggestion) fit.

So basically, the idea is to make a way for Builders+/- to be able to keep their inventory on death. A way to not lose those special items they like to keep. (e.g. specially named tools, weapons, armor, etc)

Well, can't players just store those items in their ender chest?
Well yes, they can.
But what if its full? or if they'd like to keep specific items in their hotbar?
-
Can't they pick up their items by doing /return?
Yes, but they'd have to rearrange afterwards, and they'd be scattered depending on where they died.
-
I'd like to see this (somehow) added into BB. And when I say "somehow" I don't mean "if they can manage such a hard task." Just in any way possible. Like adding a new command. Or just turning on /gamerule
keepinventory true-- Won't work for pvpers? pvpers want to keep their stuff just as much as players do. -- That brings me to another point;
-
This'll also help pvpers not get mad when they die and the other person picks up all their stuff.
(EDIT: this is if pvping on BB is still allowed)

Thanks for reading this!
~robo

Tamzies

Reaction score
Well, since there is PVP map on A+T the Player Versus Player matches have decreased significantly. In addition to this, this would require extra work and Nill is already super busy with fixing the whole server as it is. It does not add something to the server (naming items that is), since the PVP matches are almost gone and normal builders do not really need items with weird names. And if builder need them, why would they die if they do not PVP. You can not really die in Creative or you have to typ /Kill. (You can fly out of the void and every other damage is off)

But this is just my opinion, I do not see the use for this.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Well, since there is PVP map on A+T the Player Versus Player matches have decreased significantly. In addition to this, this would require extra work and Nill is already super busy with fixing the whole server as it is. It does not add something to the server (naming items that is), since the PVP matches are almost gone and normal builders do not really need items with weird names. And if builder need them, why would they die if they do not PVP. You can not really die in Creative or you have to typ /Kill. (You can fly out of the void and every other damage is off)

But this is just my opinion, I do not see the use for this.
I see. I do suppose we could just do ./god and not die.
Also, I though Malc is fixing it now. Or is he just helping.

Tamzies

Reaction score
I see. I do suppose we could just do ./god and not die.
Also, I though Malc is fixing it now. Or is he just helping.
Malc and Nill are both fixing commands, the corrupted chunks things, everything.

If you just keep creative on, which is normal on a Creative server you cannot really die, so this is not really needed.
If you did this, you would make it even more fun to let PVP matches stay on the server and I think that was what we did not want in the first place.

So, just stay in creative and that should not be very hard. (You are there to be creative so there is no Survival needed)

• Thank You
Reactions: Robo

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think it is a very good idea but Buildbox isn't meant to be a PvP server, They could use AoD or A&T it is easier and it gives the builders on Buildbox some peace. I know people want the free way to build whatever they want when they PvP but I hate the death messages as i'm trying to build on my plot etc, and on most PvP servers people pick up your stuff when you die.

I just wanted to comment, But I agree it is a good idea

Stay Awesome
-Jen-

Reactions: Duffie

superhalo6

Reaction score
Ok so breathing life into this thread, we have access to /gamemode 0, which is required to damage items, and you may die while getting them damaged, as items don't break while in creative, so you would have to get back to that spot for the items instead of just respawning with them.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Ok so breathing life into this thread, we have access to /gamemode 0, which is required to damage items, and you may die while getting them damaged, as items don't break while in creative, so you would have to get back to that spot for the items instead of just respawning with them.
I'm pretty sure there was a debate ingame about this, and there are other methods of damaging items using some sort of labeling of items. Etc. :p