[Suggestion] Ironman Alterations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Personally, I don't view Ironman mode as a challenge at all. Heck, if it was significantly difficult, people wouldn't need to be reminded so blatantly to activate it.
While the concept is good and fair, the execution in-game is a bit curious, and seems to benefit afk-ers over anyone else.
What I think may work better is to have ironman activated before the round begins, or even a separate portal, whereupon players are given a more structured cocktail of potion effects, for example, one or two mild mobility buffs such as speed/jump I, a health cap debuff that weakens the player, and a mining/construction hinderance such as fatigue II. This would make navigation of the map easier, but creating a safe house becomes more difficult. On top of this the player is more frail and can be dispatched by mobs or the environment with greater ease.
Inventory modification could also be included, such as disabling of prexisting items/tools, or even wiping the inventory over rounds, making purchased tools useful for a lone round only, balancing out the reward.

This is just my two cents, but it might make ironman a little more challenging (and less bland :3)

edit: sorry for lack of formatting, tapatalk is a pain in the backside

• Agree
Reactions: Jubjubers

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
How about increasing the AirBlock requirement for Ironman users? Maybe double or triple the amount especially for them?
Issue with that is that the slight lag at round ends is due to the server checking for air blocks. If it was to be implemented the lag would get worse.

This may not be 100% accurate. I remembered seeing it somewhere though

• Agree
Reactions: Lux and cooliorules

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The only down fall to this is just that an ironmaned player can just join another players home and that's it!
Thing is, as it is they can make their own 3^3, or join someone else's, and ironman right away then proceed to be afk.

Another interesting concept might be for the ironman portal to be activated just as or slightly before the first wave it released. This plus preobtained item limitations would make for a much harder mode.

Your point still stands, but I think it more applies to the current mode than this concept anyway, and it would be easier to invent something to remove that link from this setup

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Issue with that is that the slight lag at round ends is due to the server checking for air blocks. If it was to be implemented the lag would get worse.

This may not be 100% accurate. I remembered seeing it somewhere though
Yeah, I've read that somewhere as well. But how bad is this lag and how is it measured? Ping or not being able to move for a quick second during a KOTL round? To be honest, I don't really notice the lag at the end of the round.

What about losing cookies for every second/minute that an Ironman'd player is AFK?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read that somewhere as well. But how bad is this lag and how is it measured? Ping or not being able to move for a quick second during a KOTL round? To be honest, I don't really notice the lag at the end of the round.

What about losing cookies for every second/minute that an Ironman'd player is AFK?
Something I wondered about was whether or not it would be possible to detect how quickly you made yourself a sealed house and/or how many people are occupying said house, and whether the outcome could be changed based in that; eg. More cookies for getting into a house quicker with the limitations, or less cookies for being in a heavily populated house

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Something I wondered about was whether or not it would be possible to detect how quickly you made yourself a sealed house and/or how many people are occupying said house, and whether the outcome could be changed based in that; eg. More cookies for getting into a house quicker with the limitations, or less cookies for being in a heavily populated house
I believe that would be really hard to code. I suggest doing the time you /ironman activated instead,the earlier,the more cookies etc.Atleast it would seem easier logically since you are only using a clock instead of block placement and player coordinates.

Good concept though Jivvi! Would like this to be implemented.

Last edited:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Right so,

Ironman wasn't ever meant to be incredibly hard. While it is a nice idea for it to be more challenging it would get to the point where it is too hard for people to even try it. Right not it is a more unique challenge than anything and we would like to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.