(Suggestion) ICY Water!

< 3 Icy Water?

• Total voters

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Not a big suggestion here, just bringing up an old favourite to see if it might happen
:laugh:

For whatever reason I really liked the Icy Water round, and I think they might be a fun twist to RoF, like it was on Lava

The differences between Icy Water and Lava, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)

Water flows much faster
Water doesn't melt anything (surprisingly)
Water kills you faster

Not a titanic difference, but I think it mught be a fun little twist to have on occasion.

(Icy Water DeathRuns were fun too) :laugh:
Faliara
WOO. DEATHRUN!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Water doesn't melt anything (surprisingly)
This would make RoF too easy. I never liked water rounds, because you can use any material to make safe house.
And all water would be icy water... all maps with water either would be re-done, so nobody could flood map with ease or maps would be tied to Lava or Water.
Unless they use magic like they did with lava on lobby.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the water rounds could be a bit of a frenzy, with, 30 seconds, say till the water flows, and from then the map just fills straight up. Glass panes will be useful for laughing at your drowning friends facial expressions

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jeff0521 and Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know about this.

It sounds good and I like it but I don't want it to not destroy objects.

An entire round of water would be fine with me and I think ogar and dirt can modify the water attributes so that the water on maps such as falls doesn't flow nor would it kill. It is just like how on classic lava you had icy cold water and normal water (I think) where the normal did not kill.

Would this be the same as normal rounds? Or melt special blocks/let some live. A style of this could be it melts all but wooden blocks this would be a good idea in my opinion because it lets those unused blocks be used and have it be different.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Sploorky

Reaction score
I'm going to just throw in my slight and somewhat radically different opinion.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and instead of being harder than lava rounds, it should be much easier. I personally think it should melt no blocks, and doesn't kill you instantly. But you may say "Sploorky, that makes no sense, you brilliant madman!" The way I see it, yes, that is very easy. However, the pure wow factor of a round like this would be great. Imagine submerging underwater to get to place to place, but have to get out of the water quickly before you drown. Imagine looking out of your window to see a drowned map. Imagine boating around the map. It would be easy, but in my eyes, by god would it be fun.

Of course, to combat how easy it would be, the cold water rounds would be much more rare than lava rounds.

I understand that this personal opinion of mine doesn't really go along with the direction RoF may want to go, which I'd completely understand if the idea was denied because of it. However, the pure fun and wow factor seems like a really good reason for this to be added.

And by god the pirate ship builds. BrickWolf please.

W

Wimali

I would love water rounds in which the water doesn't melt anything at all, it would just be a nice little building round in which people can use wood etc. without always being scared about things catching on fire or similiar. It would be really fun. In my opinion those rounds should be about 10% more rare than Angry rounds.

• Agree
Reactions: Spencer75

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Is there not a way to turn blocks into ice blocks during an "icy water" round? That way players with torches would risk flooding their houses with water that will drown/freeze them. It could be the opposite to blocks that melt in lava rounds, such as stonebrick turning to ice etc. This would make users use other blocks such as wood, more glass rather than sand (as sand could turn to ice).. you get the point :p

Aaaaand is it possible to, when users go into the water, rather than drowning they can freeze, causing them to drown as are stuck under water drowning. This would then give a second reason to wear a pumpkin as it will reduce the chances of being frozen, or extend the amount of time you get before becoming frozen.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm, two totally different ideas seem to be sprouting out of this

One seems to be a harmless water round, courtesy of Sploorky, with low risk and high build opps and fun factors

The other seems to be expanding of the icy water frenzy, with blocks turning to ice and smashing/melting often, flooding you in with an unwanted icebath. The icy water would be very hard to escape once caught by it, and some previously heavily relied-on blocks being suddenly risky to use, and finding that they've 'humbly' offered alll their flammable to the Lava God.

Maybe the Lava God might be feeling LETHARGIC or BORED or lel
and just flood it with freezing water that ices you real damn quick.
:roflmao:

On a totally related note, you absolutely definitely undeniably need to bring back FURIOUS rounds!
Ogarci
:roflmao:

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I think it's quite a fine idea. I think, Cold Water could melt sapplings and flowers, like it did in classic, but not melt anything else. I know, some people would find it boring with no challenge in Cold Water, but I think, that since it's quite easy (like sploorky said) it could only be made to happen not so often, so that people don't get a ton of easily-earned cookies off of it.

I honestly don't think it'll be too hard to code. We have Lava and normal Lava. I THINK, for this type of thing you make a new entity, make it look like water, and edit how it moves? And that would just be a copy and paste from normal lava that floods in RoF, and you could just edit the speed, buuuut I probably have no idea how coding works and this is not the case. But I honestly don't think it'll be too hard to code or editing in maps will generally be required.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I think it's quite a fine idea. I think, Cold Water could melt sapplings and flowers, like it did in classic, but not melt anything else. I know, some people would find it boring with no challenge in Cold Water, but I think, that since it's quite easy (like sploorky said) it could only be made to happen not so often, so that people don't get a ton of easily-earned cookies off of it.

I honestly don't think it'll be too hard to code. We have Lava and normal Lava. I THINK, for this type of thing you make a new entity, make it look like water, and edit how it moves? And that would just be a copy and paste from normal lava that floods in RoF, and you could just edit the speed, buuuut I probably have no idea how coding works and this is not the case. But I honestly don't think it'll be too hard to code or editing in maps will generally be required.
So long as they ACTUALLY happen rarely, and not take all of the rounds that are Furious/Angry (like it always did in Classic), this idea is awesome. :redcard: