[Suggestion] /ghostfix

W

Wimali

I often get glitched, and I'm then unable to play, unless I relog. This also happens to quite a few other people. However, a /ghostfix or simply /gf would fix this, I've seen it on plenty other PvP servers. The /gf command teleports a player to himself, which causes the ghost or glitch to get pwnd.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have never seen anything to suggest that there are ghosting issues. More information as to what happens and when would be appreciated.
All I know is that theweakguy sometimes pings me to help him because he is somehow stuck in the ground. He says his screen is missing huge chunks. This is his problem (he didn't really explain it properly in the thread. I told him too, but he must have forgot). http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/i-have-a-little-problem.11379/
I believe it was when he tried to brake a block which was in a chunk error or something, but not sure. He didn't really explain it very well :p If this is the case, it might just be his pc in this situation, and it is his own fault for breaking a block in it, but it may help solve this problem!
Hope this helped!

W

Wimali

This happens when people are moving on their client, but they are actually standing still for the server. No idea why or how this happens- it just does. I've also seen it happen on rof (with buildbuild12 for example and a few other people I can't really remember) who I then teleported to themself or them to me, which then fixed it.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This happens when people are moving on their client, but they are actually standing still for the server. No idea why or how this happens- it just does. I've also seen it happen on rof (with buildbuild12 for example and a few other people I can't really remember) who I then teleported to themself or them to me, which then fixed it.
While this happens, they are also free to attack survivors/hunters without the worry of being attacked as everyone is going for the ghosted character.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ahhh now I have seen something like this before, the issue tends to be a connection problem with the users client. Best way to solve is to reconnect, however in AoD it isn't preferable, however this /gf is supposed to allow you to do that without actually leaving the server. I'm not sure how or do I know why it does this, but its implemented in servers where once gameplay starts you can't relog to fix it (e.g. such as large hunger games servers where once the match begins no one else can join in, the idea is to allow people to fix their problem without having to drop out) unfortunately as I have said I have no idea how it works, or how it could work.