[Suggestion] Enable spawnhouses again

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I never liked the spawnhouse rule because I feel like it hindered working together as a group & was more of an annoyance than an actual challenge. Sure, its main intention was to keep people from joining other people's houses, but I feel like it's outlived its purpose and spawnhouses should be allowed again- at the very least for Classic rounds.

Reactions: Mastersten

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It's intention was to force players to build a home elsewhere. For a while there was a trend of just building a tiny box next to spawn before the lava flow and afking there for the entire round. That's what we were trying to fix. You can still make spawnhomes, but the spawn has to be covered in lava first.

• Informative
Reactions: Velzerat

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like this is not a problem right now though. Back when the rule was introduced, what you're describing was a common occurrence, but I think most players today either put effort into their house or... don't, but whether the house if a spawnhouse or not won't change that. I also feel like spawnhouses are deeply ingrained in the concept of Lava Survival-- As far as I know, spawnhouses were always allowed during the time CLava was up. Considering the server is, in some ways, going back to its roots, I think it's a good reason to allow them again. Maybe if what you're describing becomes an actual problem again, disallow them, but until then, why not have them be legal again (certainly on Classic rounds- which are the nearest replica to CLava we'll ever get)

EDIT: Another spawnhouse-related issue: A lot of map spawns are broken in a way that makes people unable to create an actual spawnhouse after it's been flooded. All the blocks around the spawn melt, making it impossible for someone to actually build anything at all.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Oak Milk and Jivvi

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should allow them on Classic at least, as the issue Ogarci is describing simply doesn't happen now. "There was a trend..." Heck, some maps you can't make spawnhouses anyway full stop, since some of the spawns seem to be defined weirdly enough so that there's lava dividing the 'spawnhouse' to spawn. Classic is a teamwork gamemode, and that's evident, as when people make spawnhouses they do work together to make them big and good. So what's the point now?