[?] Suggestion: Designated griefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

combo_express

Reaction score
My idea is to have a "Designated Griefer" and its role is to be a nuisance. The reason behind this is that sometimes just building, staying in a building and building around lava can become stale to some players. While having a random player able to swim through lava and possibly be invisible. Being able to delete any block (besides water and lava spawners) within a time limit e.g once every 10 seconds. So that will make it so that there's a challenge other than building. And maybe make it a "voteable" game type. What do you think?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I normaly don't dislike suggestions without naming any examples of it and neither do I play on survival much.
But I do know enoug that when you play on Lava and are sitting in your house, you want to be able to chat with people and not have somone ruin your creations for 'fun'.

The reason I wouldn't like it are...
  • The staff get confused.
  • Players will rage.
  • Even if it is a vote, those that disagree will be pissed.
  • The rules would become unclear for those not knowing about this thread.
Something I'd see as a bit of a better 'replacement' would be somone who can place lava blocks outside of houses and start the flows there. The problem is that this is hard to code and it's not really a suggestion worth anything.

Anyway, That's my opinion on it.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Long story short, I like this.
There would have to be a way to tell them apart, though.
  • It might seem good, but there is too much about it for pros to outweigh cons. One griefer is enough to destroy a whole game if given the opportunity to grief with invincibility.
  • It would cause confusion, as new players would get upset their creation was just griefed mercilessly and staff isn't doing anything about it.
  • If griefers were implemented, they probably would need an incentive to grief, otherwise they'd most likely show favoritism in their griefing.
  • The griefer would most likely be able to kill every single person as well. It wouldn't be that hard to.
  • Players like to build and socialize and play games in Lava. This would be hard if constantly harassed by a griefer.
  • This is a bad idea the same reason a hard-core grief mode is as well. Confusion, more bans, more complaining, and I know this would cause drama. Player creates fantastic building, griefer comes and destroys it, causing player to get mad and complain.
Maybe if every player was a veteran and knew every rule and completely understood this as well as voted upon it by unanimous decision. But otherwise, too many cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.