[Suggestion] Dark Hunter Card

W

Wimali

What's this?
Well, my idea to basically be able to buy some kind of item in the shop for 75 or 100 cookies brains. It can only be bought by one player each round: Once someone's bought it, no one else will be able to buy it anymore. If you have this "dark hunter card", you'll become a dark hunter at the start of the round.

Why should this get added?
Just feels like one of those small-but-nice features. I've seen it on a few other PvP and think it would be nice to have on AoD. Sure, it might not get used that much but I do in fact think it would be nice to have for people who really want to become a dark hunter.

Lostboys' Improvement
As lostboys pointed out in the first answer to this thread the player should only be able to do this every 5 rounds or so (great idea bro!!!). Maybe a "Survivor Card" could also get added which costs double the amount of cookies a dark hunter card costs, and can only be bought/used every 10 rounds? :D It would make sure you can't become a dark hunter when the round starts.

D

DarkHender

What's this?
Well, my idea to basically be able to buy some kind of item in the shop for 25 or maybe 50 cookies brains. It can only be bought by one player each round: Once someone's bought it, no one else will be able to buy it anymore. If you have this "dark hunter card", you'll become a dark hunter at the start of the round.

Just feels like one of those small-but-nice features. I've seen it on a few other PvP and think it would be nice to have on AoD. Sure, it might not get used that much but I do in fact think it would be nice to have for people who really want to become a dark hunter.

Make it much more expensive.

(but people will just use /kill to get hunter anyways .-.)

Reactions: 1 person
W

Wimali

This might be a good idea WITH the idea that if you buy it one round you can't buy it again for say around 5 rounds?
Improved the idea based on what you guys suggested. Also, "Survivor Card" maybe?
Maybe a "Survivor Card" could also get added which costs double the amount of cookies a dark hunter card costs, and can only be bought/used every 10 rounds? :D

D

DarkHender

This might be a good idea WITH the idea that if you buy it one round you can't buy it again for say around 5 rounds?
Improved the idea based on what you guys suggested. Also, "Survivor Card" maybe?
Maybe a "Survivor Card" could also get added which costs double the amount of cookies a dark hunter card costs, and can only be bought/used every 10 rounds? :D
Uh, what would a survivor card do?
Turn you from a hunter to a survivor?

By more expensive I meant in the 1000's or higher.

W

Wimali

Uh, what would a survivor card do?
Turn you from a hunter to a survivor?
It would make sure you can't become a dark hunter when the round starts. (oops forgot to add that)

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
What's this?
Well, my idea to basically be able to buy some kind of item in the shop for 25 or maybe 50 cookies brains. It can only be bought by one player each round: Once someone's bought it, no one else will be able to buy it anymore. If you have this "dark hunter card", you'll become a dark hunter at the start of the round.

To comment on what's in your brackets the bonus to buying this as opposed to using /kill is that this won't affect your KDR.

Airkid

Reaction score
I don't really like this idea. The main reason I don't like it is that if you're in a group with some survivors, and you buy the dark hunter card, you'll be able to get free kills due to the survivors not being able to hit you since you're not able to die for around 10 seconds after being a hunter and this of course, will make the survivors get angry.

D

DarkHender

What's this?

To comment on what's in your brackets the bonus to buying this as opposed to using /kill is that this won't affect your KDR.

Yes but people no doubt will still be /kill ing themselves to get hunter even if you have a hunter card, and I feel like someone would go find people.. not tell them that they are going to be hunter and just spam the hell out of their sword.

It sounds fun at first the ideas, but then it seems like the whole "logging out and back in" to kill the players you were with.

(I MIGHT be over thinking this, but its a possibility)

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com

Yes but people no doubt will still be /kill ing themselves to get hunter even if you have a hunter card, and I feel like someone would go find people.. not tell them that they are going to be hunter and just spam the hell out of their sword.

It sounds fun at first the ideas, but then it seems like the whole "logging out and back in" to kill the players you were with.

(I MIGHT be over thinking this, but its a possibility)
What if you could only buy the card WHILE in the lobby pre-game?

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of this would be abused completely. Let's say your in a group/tower/fortress/whatever with a group of survivors. You just get a good sword, the hunter card, and massacre the entire group. After all, you already know you're going to be dark hunter.

*EDIT* Also, it might be a possibility if you only could buy these in lobby and it showed something above you to let others know you're going to be dark hunter.

W

Wimali

How about making /kill to get hunter and logging in and out to get hunter illegal then? :D
And alright, if the dark hunter card wouldn't work, I'd still think the survivor card would be pretty darn useful.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
How about making /kill to get hunter and logging in and out to get hunter illegal then? :D
And alright, if the dark hunter card wouldn't work, I'd still think the survivor card would be pretty darn useful.
Logging in and out to get hunter is sort of illegal already. And myself I like to use /kill to get hunter every once in a while.

The survivor card idea *is* good, but I don't think I'd ever use it. It seems pretty useless to me, but maybe some people would find it usefull

D

DarkHender

Some staff are punishing people who /kill to get hunter now, but that does not mean players arent going to do it anyways.

I think the hunter card would be useless after thinking about it, it's either going to be abused or all the players will know who the hunter is and either gang up on them or run away and try to block that one player out of where they are hiding until after the resistance is up. (abused)

• Agree
Reactions: DaniGrenade

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com

Some staff are punishing people who /kill to get hunter now, but that does not mean players arent going to do it anyways.

I think the hunter card would be useless after thinking about it, it's either going to be abused or all the players will know who the hunter is and either gang up on them or run away and try to block that one player out of where they are hiding until after the resistance is up. (abused)
But how would people know who the hunter would be unless he/she told them? Which would be rather stupid.

D

DarkHender

But how would people know who the hunter would be unless he/she told them? Which would be rather stupid.
From the idea of
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of this would be abused completely. Let's say your in a group/tower/fortress/whatever with a group of survivors. You just get a good sword, the hunter card, and massacre the entire group. After all, you already know you're going to be dark hunter.

*EDIT* Also, it might be a possibility if you only could buy these in lobby and it showed something above you to let others know you're going to be dark hunter.
^ I was responding to that but got a little mixed up on who said it.

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Ima kinda with Lord dust bunny
I think It would be abused a fair bit
Maybe you could make it unabled for donors or
Something else just to reduce the amount of people
Using it. And seriously I think AoD is fine the
Way it is.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
This suggestion is possible, but needs further consideration. Could make it so if you're holding/wearing a certain type of item then you will/not be picked, as someone said being sent to spawn as a hunter may be fairer.

But the game wouldn't last long if everyone managed to get hold of a 'survivor card'. :p

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
The best way would probably to:
  • Only allow cards to be bought in the lobby
  • If you buy the card then you cannot buy again till 5 rounds have passed
  • When the game starts the person who bought the card gets teleported to the spawn (much like when you are in the lobby when the game starts)
  • Only one may be bought per round.
Four simple ways to let this not be abused.
Also I think the survivor card just means that you wont be picked for Dark Hunter, not that you can get infected.
You could equally implicate the above bullet points bar the teleporting one for the survivor card LISTINGS09

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This suggestion is possible, but needs further consideration. Could make it so if you're holding/wearing a certain type of item then you will/not be picked, as someone said being sent to spawn as a hunter may be fairer.

But the game wouldn't last long if everyone managed to get hold of a 'survivor card'. :p
Perhaps a specific item could be specified in the input file that, upon being placed in a player's inventory, prevents them from being selected. For example, you might nide 3 empty water bottles around the map, naming them Immunity Potions. Lucky Survivors might find these and escape selection. On the flip side, a 'corruption' item could be put in place as a hazard or secret. The corruption item may require more thought as it may or may not have limited usefulness as a trap.