Accepted [Suggestion] Daily (small) changes to the lobby/KOTL or events

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
A few years ago, I was a big fan of prison servers. This must’ve been around 2013, if I recall correctly. Prison servers were very popular back then, and one of the oldest and most active ones at the time was Convicted. It was popular for a reason: It had an active development team, and a lot of Wardens (the prison server equivalent of directors). One of the things that Convicted would do, which made it so popular, was daily small events or changes in the “main” area.

This area was basically a part of the main lobby, a big square room which connected all the important sections of the building with each other. Basically, if you wanted to sell or buy things as a new player, you’d have to go through that area. Something that was a lot of fun and attracted a lot of players was the fact that every single day, this area would change.

One day it would be a huge pvp arena. One day a parkour arena. Another day, it would contain a statue. On other days it would just be a huge pool, or just a statue, even. It didn’t really matter that much what it was, the big important thing was that the main room changed every day- It kept it fresh, and terribly exciting.
What I propose for RoF is a similar system. Now, obviously, it’s completely impossible to ask for actual daily changes/events to happen on RoF. It would be an insane task for anyone to do, and would require almost a dedicated staff member to do this. It would demand a lot of creativity- On the prison servers of long ago this was possible, because there were tens of Wardens and every day someon else made a change- but it’s obviously not viable on RoF.

What I suggest instead is just some small changes to King of the Ladder every day. Make it look a bit different. Make a few changes. Have it be above an ocean, maybe. Change it to a parkour place. More of a classic hill, maybe. A different kind of PvP arena every day. The thing is, to my mind KoTL is the perfect modern-day equivalent of the main area in prison servers of the past. It’s a perfect opportunity to make things feel fresh, by changing it ever so slightly
TL;DR Introduce some variation into RoF by changing up KoTL or other areas in the lobby.

Reactions: Mastersten

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Changing up the aesthetics of KoTL is possible by removing the current KoTL stage and loading up a schematic with WorldEdit then pasting it so that the current spawn/win areas are still the same. Although, the KoTL spawn and win areas can be changed as well, but I think that can only be edited through a config and probably requires a restart. So, to keep it simple - I think pasting different style KoTL stages would be a better option whilst using the current KoTL as a template of sorts. Also, the KoTL stage is in the same world as the RoF lobby.