[Suggestion] Control Points [CP] gamemode

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Control Points gamemode
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To allow maps to be submitted to the server through a gametype which utilises multiple control points. It would feature 3 control points in the form of beacons and flags which change colour depending on the team holding them. It takes 2 seconds to neutralise a control point and 3 to control one. If controlling 2 areas, your team gains 1 point every second. If your team controls all 3 areas, your team gets 2 points every second. After 10 minutes, the team with the most points wins.
Why should it be implemented into the server: I've always wanted to see a gamemode with multiple control points on TNT Wars and nobody suggested it thus far. If done correctly, Control Points could be very fun and encourages moving around the map to get to points under the other team's control. This could be a gamemode that only becomes active in the rotation when there are over 16 players online. I notice that FFA and TDM become very crowded when the server is near capacity so a more spread-out and focused gamemode with larger maps would be quite fun. I'd happily make a bunch of maps for this gamemode if this was implemented into the server.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
The CP of classic was rather poorly done in my opinion. Experienced players just ignored the points and roamed around the map hunting the enemy, and using the cannon to farm kills, while leaving the capping to their allies. This version of it could work quite nicely, but I suggest its name be changed to "Dominion" (DMN for short). I still feel we have other things to focus on before new gamemodes though.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I would love to see this mode in the server, in classic we had one team attacking and one team defending which worked reasonably well but created a bunch of confusion so I am on board with the idea of both teams being able to attack and defend. I think it would work better with 5 control points rather than three so it doesn't become, as razinao is about to say (I am editing this in) like KOTH. This would provide a different style of gameplay with more tactical decision making involved as well. Also a huge opening for stunning maps! I'm all for this.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
There are two teams in Double Domination: Blue and Red. There are also two Control Points: A and B. The objective for both teams in Double Domination is to capture and hold both Control Points at the same time for ten seconds.

Points are captured by running over them, and will remain captured until an opponent runs over them. These points are colored with the team's color, or white if neither team controls it/them.

When a team manages to control both points, the Control Points are reset, and that team receives a point.

That's the Ut2004 variant. I just felt it was too similar to KOTH so I never programmed / scripted it.