[Suggestion] Cold water

W

Wimali

Cold water

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

Cold water… Like the classic cold water? Are you out of ideas or something? Can’t you be original?

Well, this cold water is similar to some of the classic features, but not entirely the same. Let me explain myself. Every round would still be a lava round. The lava wouldn’t ever get replaced by ‘cold’ water or whatever (I honestly don’t really care what it would be called, you could change it to Boiling Water or Blue Lava or acid or what yo want). Basically, on some maps, all water would be deadly, and going in it would deal damage (possibly the wither poison effect thing? Or, in the case of “Boiling” water, it would set you on fire and the water would obviously not stop fires ‘n shit like that) and potentially kill you. This would be announced at the begin of the round- “This map includes Cold Water!”- and would only be on certain maps.

Discuss!

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That suggestion spree...

I personally like this the most of those six you posted. Although, which is it then, Cold Water or Boiling Water? Would be weird if at the start of the round it says "This round includes Cold Water" and then a couple of minutes later "bram13 boiled to death" or something. :p

W

Wimali

That suggestion spree...

I personally like this the most of those six you posted. Although, which is it then, Cold Water or Boiling Water? Would be weird if at the start of the round it says "This round includes Cold Water" and then a couple of minutes later "bram13 boiled to death" or something. :p

Well, I felt like Cold Water must just be too much of a rip-off of classic lava or something, as RoF should be unique. I guess the higher staff could decide whether they'd want Cold Water, Boiling Water, normal water or whatever :p

• Dislike
Reactions: Supermegacheater
W

Wimali

Raxo's idea is pretty much my idea xD
Water would be deadly and give you potion effects (I personally thought of wither). Nothing else. It wouldn't flow any different or anything :d

• Informative
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Hmm it should work plenty fine if we rework the physics of water for certain maps. I do like the idea though that it will act as a normal lava wave and will not be a mood specific. I'm all for this to occur if it does, great idea!

W

Wimali

Hmm it should work plenty fine if we rework the physics of water for certain maps. I do like the idea though that it will act as a normal lava wave and will not be a mood specific. I'm all for this to occur if it does, great idea!

Oh, seems like a lot of people seem to be misunderstand my suggestion... The water isn't supposed to replace the lava, the round would just be exactly the same, and the map would be exactly the same. But if you go in water, you'll get poison or wither or something. This would be great on maps like Falls, for example.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I can't say I like the idea. Water just doesn't seem to fit a server based around fire and lava.

What about a fire mode, instead of lava a widespread fire starts, setting fire to nearly every block? - Or would that cause severe lag as fire does.

W

Wimali

I can't say I like the idea. Water just doesn't seem to fit a server based around fire and lava.

How about making water on some maps (for example, a post-apocalyptic map in the style of "Solitude") 'radio-active', which would give you poison IV for double the time you've been in the water? I think this would defenitely be something fun :3

Reactions: Enderfive