Declined [Suggestion] Classic Lava All The Way

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Please don't hurt me for this idea.

This idea would pretty much revamp RoF and would probably need a level-minded person to think this through, but since it's an idea I'd rather just mention it and give it a go to see what you guys think. Also, I don't know if the issue with 1.8 and the separate creative/survival inventories has been resolved or if creative mode on RoF just simply can't happen due to the spigotbukkitfiasco.

Essentially, the server would go back to basics and keep things somewhat simple in terms of rules, items, ranks, rounds, and everything really (at least that's how I see it). Pretty much how Classic Lava was like.

Right now there just seems to be a lot going on when you first join the server-- Getting lost in the lobby, a few rules to read, and then you join the game midway with nothing in your inventory and a wall of lava blocking your way out of spawn. I just think that right now, RoF could go the straightforward route and keep things simple for the future players.

So an example:
  • This would basically be like how the recent Classic mode was on RoF and kinda like in Classic
  • Start off with a somewhat clean slate.
  • Lava still flows, but give players creative mode with a limited inventory (no eggs, no fly, no crazy items, etc).
  • Keep most of the current ranks with maybe the same amount of cookies to rank up
  • Add achievements so players have something else to look forward to instead of ranking up.
  • Pets?!?
  • Make it a quick game.
  • Lower the round times to 15/20mins
  • If they die in lava maybe find a way to make them lose cookies?
  • Keep the focus of the server on being fun and active.
  • Basically survive the lava flood without worrying about acquiring or losing items.
Yeah, this may be a simple way of explaining the idea, but I'm certain there would be more to figure out in terms of content and how the development side of this would come into play.

And yeah, I know that Rituals of Fire has had a pretty strong history that a lot of players have experienced and it would be a shame to let that all go just to have a full on Classic experience. Then there's all the player data and time spent on the server to think about.

Also, would this idea be feasible for dirtcake and Ogarci to go into if they choose to do it? If it is, then maybe there could be two RoF servers? A Survival and a Classic server. Separate to save the player data on each and maybe they wouldn't have to deal with the inventory glitch.

Then RoF could further be advertised as the Classic Experience™ for new players to check out since I think RoF is the only Lava server out there right now?

Just a thought...

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
^

2¢:
- some people would probably appreciate a way to cash in or preserve their possessions

- faster lava waves would be nice for faster gameplay too

- random block melting please

- maybe rather than being warped when your chin becomes immersed it could have whatever system classic has with health or cookie depletion or whatever

- maybe have a large number of ranks, without branching off unto anything bizarre like prestige

- some kind of diminishing returns system that doesn't discourage more playing; maybe increased cookies for the first few rounds you play per day or week or something

- the current state of the game allows for a lot of things; deathrun could be reproduced, as well as other minigames

if someone has a strong defense for survival ls I might respond to that but at this stage my thoughts are a simpler concept like what it once was is better for how the community is now

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
This

(Make them Pokémon-ish and battle others)
I don't think there are any pets... or even any /animals/ left. I think they all died when being dropped from the sky by staff members... (*cough*... Kevin *cough*)

I do like the idea of having classic and premium semi-separate servers. Although it /would/ take some thinking to work that all out.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I meant like invisible pets that only exist in code. Like if you want to buy a pet you go to a specific part in the shops where you can use a cmd like /buypet then to name the pet /buypet [name]

Then to battle /battlepet [name opponent] and to accept the battle /battlepet accept [name]
I don't think there are any pets... or even any /animals/ left. I think they all died when being dropped from the sky by staff members... (*cough*... Kevin *cough*)

I do like the idea of having classic and premium semi-separate servers. Although it /would/ take some thinking to work that all out.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
This will be really short (I'm currently out in the desert and barely able to post). I really like the idea of this.

Sorry if this spams. I can barely get a signal out here D:

Eliguy

Reaction score
Well, I think it would be a good idea to simplify things a little bit. Also, I suggest we also reimplement the death run mini games that happened once every three or four rounds.

Faliara

Reaction score
I'd love to see this, except I still don't have a new computer so I wouldn't actually be able to experience it :x

Planning to get one soon, though, so...

-If we make a more classic-oriented game, that means everyone will be on creative mode, right? I'm guessing we're either following the three lives rule where you have to buy new ones with cookies or you make a limit, like around 25 or somethng and it depletes one by one the longer you're in the lava.

-I miss getting to battle with Rita. I haven't built wool ducks in years, either. I'm all for the battle pets.

-I don't remember cookie depletion being part of the game? Or was there something I didn't notice...

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
This suggestion has been denied. Most staff members do not want to see this. The ongoing map survey shows that more people like Survival than Classic, and adding this would make the shop area completely useless. Most maps were also created with Survival in mind.