Suggestion: Challenge/Duel

MustabearXD

Reaction score
My suggestion is a challenge or duel in AoD, where players can challenge other players on survival. The game would be the best 2 out of 3 and would recieve 100 brians for winning the challenge ( the brians can change ,its just a start). However if both challengers win they would each get half of brians. It would go something like this:
*Ealev use /challenge Samlen
*Samlen, Ealev has challenged you /accept challenge or /decline challenge
*Samlen /accept challenge
*Serverchat : Ealev has challeged Samlen.
With the challenge I would also like it to include a scoreboard keeping track if its possible to code.

Reactions: Pikmon2

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I don't quite follow..

This works with Hunters vs Survivors how? Who in their right mind will accept a duel, where they risk getting fewer brains than if they had attempted to survive?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm, thank you for suggestion an idea, but I'm not sure this would really work. The idea is usually for survivors to use teamwork to survive, not trying to let the others die.
However, it would be different, and people may enjoy it a lot. It would add more variety, and is more tense as you could be betrayed (left for dead).
On the other hand it could result in a lot more teamkills to get the brains. :S
I'm neutral for this, I will see what everyone else feels about this.
Again, thanks! :)
:alien:

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Ya the idea is good, but who would really want to do this? I'm not sure what rules Baker has right now for staff editing game play while in ref, but if sure a staff member wouldn't have a problem of throwing a human and a hunter in an unclosed arena. Then there's just the problem of staff being online when someone wants to have a duel.

Then there's the idea of having a whole separate system that a hunter/human can challenge someone to a duel even if there a hunter or a human. Then they would be moved to a separate map in a custom made arena. Then ofcorse they would then fight (There's also a possibility of farming the brains for a reward). Then they would be moved back to there original positions on the map as a hunter or human (what ever they were when they accepted the duel). Then there's the possibility that a human can sit in a duel and basically instantly win the round.

I have no idea if this would even be possible but that's really the only way I could see a duel system working.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Perhaps if there was just a little nidget in the lobby for 2-4 player deathmatches. These would have very small maps, small enough so that you wouldnt need a timer, and a small reward was given to the last man standing.
Maybe standing near this entrance or wing of the lobby would tune you into the Duel broadcasts instead of the main game. As for grinding, the reward mayb just be 15 or so points - more worth your while to play an actual round. And so, there would be a small little option to have a proper brawl with 2-4 people on, and a little private arena for that old vendetta or that ultimate rematch.

Actually, I might put this in with my other map suggestion. It's similar enough.

Thanks Musta
^-^

• Thank You
Reactions: MustabearXD