[Suggestion] Buffed Grenades

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Buffed Grenades
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To make grenades better as a weapon
Why should it be implemented into the server: Because now the only use I find for grenades are grenade jumping. Thats nice and all, but I'd like to use a weapon as a weapon. From what I've gathered, it takes around 4ish grenades hitting someone about dead on to kill them. This means about 48(50?) points are loss for the gain of ten, a net loss of 38. Not to mention that I rarely see anybody even use grenades because TNT honestly is more useful. But what I have in mind is to put a sort of delay on throwing grenades- like arrows have a delay- and they'd do maybe 5 hearts, which would mean a net loss (IF you hit twice) of only 14, and eventually that'd go down. I figure this would stop the spamming of grenades if they were put up to 5 damage, but also be useful in killing targets farther away, or killing people below ect. while still giving them a chance in a way with stun bow/fire bow or grenades of their own. I think this'd give the server more variety for weapons, and give a farther ranged attack that isn't a fire bow. (Sorry if this implemented wrong, I had a lot to say, not sure if it exactly fits "Why should it be implemented into the server! I wrote before hand.)

Thank you,

-Pikmon2

FOR REFERENCE, THIS WAS BEFORE THEY WERE CHANGED TO 8 POINTS. I'M NOT ASKING FOR THIS AT 8, BUT AT THE PREVIOUS 12/15.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
You're nut supposed to start with grenades - they are more supposed to be used as a finishing blow to kill someone at low health, I believe that is what Destroyer wanted them to be.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
You're nut supposed to start with grenades - they are more supposed to be used as a finishing blow to kill someone at low health, I believe that is what Destroyer wanted them to be.
It could still be used as that, but honestly that rarely happens when I use it. I don't see why having it do more damage would change it from still being able to do that, it'd just give it more purpose and sort of mix the classic version and the premium version in my opinion.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Grenades aren't meant to be used to get someone dead only. I mean, if you make grenades cost 6 points then people are just gonna spam them. Grenades are also used for mobility, don't forget, although yes it is very expensive to get some actual grenade jumping going.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Grenades aren't meant to be used to get someone dead only. I mean, if you make grenades cost 6 points then people are just gonna spam them. Grenades are also used for mobility, don't forget, although yes it is very expensive to get some actual grenade jumping going.
I know it's far ranged, but if you hit someone you just kinda move them a bit with knock back and do about 2 hearts, instead of throwing it someones way like TNT to sort of surprise them and do a good bit of damage, compared to them just being able to handle a lot of hits and keep running.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
You just KINDA MOVE THEM A BIT? Whaaaaaaaaaaat.

You can force people to grenade jump you know. They're long range harassment just like the bows are. Fire Bow does less damage if you counter it, more if you don't. If we make grenade do too much, A: Using multiples will cause havoc and B: People will use them instead of bows.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
You just KINDA MOVE THEM A BIT? Whaaaaaaaaaaat.

You can force people to grenade jump you know. They're long range harassment just like the bows are. Fire Bow does less damage if you counter it, more if you don't. If we make grenade do too much, A: Using multiples will cause havoc and B: People will use them instead of bows.
Well whenever I throw one around someone they just go up a bit, but fair enough, I probably just throw it off xd

Anyways, I said in the suggestion that you couldn't just spam grenades, and you'd have a delay. Maybe increase the price to 15 points or so. But also, I don't think people will leave bows behind. Its like, per say, in TF2. The Pyro (fire bow) would be said to be useless because he does a lot less base damage to the enemy then the Demoman (Grenades), or the Soldier. But the Pyro still does damage continuously, unlike the Demoman or Soldier who just do about half the damage of the person.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Not to mention some maps give you free grenades so it would be a bit much to make them 5 hearts if you can get like 4 of them from the ground. Not to mention they are good for killing people after using the axtinguisher

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Not to mention some maps give you free grenades so it would be a bit much to make them 5 hearts if you can get like 4 of them from the ground. Not to mention they are good for killing people after using the axtinguisher
If you got 4 grenades on the ground, got 2 kills, you would get 20 points, and save 28 points from not buying them. Not to mention I've only seen them appear on one map. It'd basically be a special little gift almost.