• Looks Cool, pretty creative. +1.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Nah, I think we'll be fine. 0.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Right, this was a genius idea I got a little while back, but never mentioned it too much.

Basically, instead of just one dev, why not have two types of devs? It sounds ridiculous, but before you go running back to your hole with hands over heels, let me explain my idea.

There are two types of devs that could be developing.

Backbone (Coding) Devs:

These ones could work on the main coding and do the quote en quote "Nerdy Stuff" and all that, they could make sure that everything works and doesn't go kinky on our asses. They're kind of the up front people that handle things all day and need a pack of red bulls after their done on their projects. (no, really?)

Forefront (Testing) Devs:

At the minute, this job belongs to the Operators, but I feel that they're more known for keeping things civil and clean on the servers than for testing plugins and mods. So why not give this job to people that are willing and think it's fun? It would be an interesting change of pace. If problems are found in plugins or mods, forefront developers will report it to Backbone Developers. So it's kind of a healthy and reputable system overall.

Application Handling:

So I thought of course that the apps would also have to be created in some form or another. Backbone Dev Apps will essentially have the same format as the original Devs, however Forefront Devs will have their own different app with a different format. I may talk about this with Sploorky or Malcovent at a reasonable time if I feel it need be.

Let's hear them thoughts, guys, is it a creative idea or a rehashed burden?