[Suggestion] Autofill code or command

W

Wimali

Autofill code or command

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

What is your idea?

An autofill code or command for Operator+. I believe this existed in Classic? The operator would basically type something in chat like this: $moods and then type enter. In the chat, it would appear like this:

There are currently three different moods on the server: Calm, Annoyed and Angry. On calm, only the obvious blocks melt. Wood, wool, plants and ores. On annoyed, a few more blocks: sand, sandstone, dirt, cobblestone… On angry, almost all blocks melt, except a few: Stone bricks, bricks, netherbricks, netherbrick fence, glowstone… All slabs melt on Annoyed+, while all stairs melt on Angry. For a full list, check is.gd/whatblocksmelt.
There could be such codes for pretty much anything in the game:
&moods
&kotl
&ranks
&staff
&welcome
&bans (giving information about ban appeals)
Possibly a few more codes, but I can’t think of anything right now.

How about a command?
This code thing is all nice and all, but as you can see some of these ‘guides’ can be quite long. How about making it a command? Staff could use /af moods bram13, (af standing for AutoFill) and then the ‘moods’ guide would be sent in a private message to bram13.

Alternatively, people would also be able to use some kind of guise command- Not /help. Maybe /guide or something? This would give them an explanation of all commands they can use:

/guide moods
/guide kotl
/guide ranks
/guide staff
/guide appealing (or /guide appealingbans, /guide bans)

And some more things. Opinions please!

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I disliked variables a lot. I always saw them as the lazy way out and, as sploorky said, when staff members explain something in their own words it is often times much better. We can also always change what we need to say so that it goes along with the need of the player basis.

W

Wimali

Alright, alright. So no autofill code. k. alright. but how about that guide command? :d

People would be able to use some kind of guide command- Not /help. Maybe /guide or something? This would give them an explanation of all commands they can use:

/guide moods
/guide kotl
/guide ranks
/guide staff
/guide appealing (or /guide appealingbans, /guide bans)

And some more things.

there could be a tip saying "Don't understand something? Learn more buy using /guide!"

This would be handy in case there's no staff or experienced players online :3

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I really just think that the staff can just explain it. As said before, explaining it yourself gives it a more personal touch, and just using variables (those are what those were called in classic, by the way) is lazy and doesn't really show what a staff can do imo.

I don't think this is a great idea.
as staff sent this they will get a huge list of information
If you're saying that they'll say lots of information, I don't believe that's the problem with this suggestion here. It can easily be adjusted, but I think the problem here is that it's just lazy and not needed for the staff to use variables.