[Suggestion] AoD evactuation

Reaction score
What if some maps on AoD has a large vehicle like a truck or a helicopter or a house at a random spot of the map and when the round time is up and the server gives you coords where you have to go to escape the hunters but you get one minute to escape and if you succeed you get 3x the amount of brains you would get by NOT going there (75 brains), survivors and hunters who camp within 25 blocks near it will be lit on fire just like pillaring. (please put problems or flaws about this or suggest something in the comments)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I love this idea! However,
Imo, if this was a gameplay mechanic to exist. Just put it in the last minute of the round and not add another minute.
this wouldn't really work, as you won't have survived then. The idea (if i'm right) is for a bonus. You have already survived, but you get a bonus if you escape after the round too. Imagine it like, 'well done, you have lived for 10 minutes. Now you will stay here with the hunters and perish unless you can escape! Go to x-2 y-5 z-34!' And if you get there and into the vehicle, you escape. Kind of like the carnival mission on L4D2, where you have to get on the helicopter. But I'd imagine that as soon as you get in it you go back to the lobby, unless you just have to stay in the vehicle and then wait for the time to be up/everyone to get inside the vehicle. That would be cool :)

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I love this idea! However,
this wouldn't really work, as you won't have survived then. The idea (if i'm right) is for a bonus. You have already survived, but you get a bonus if you escape after the round too. Imagine it like, 'well done, you have lived for 10 minutes. Now you will stay here with the hunters and perish unless you can escape! Go to x-2 y-5 z-34!' And if you get there and into the vehicle, you escape. Kind of like the carnival mission on L4D2, where you have to get on the helicopter. But I'd imagine that as soon as you get in it you go back to the lobby, unless you just have to stay in the vehicle and then wait for the time to be up/everyone to get inside the vehicle. That would be cool :)
I'm pulling out the specifics here:

So what you stated is that if the round time officially relapses and an extra minute is added on: The player will STILL RECEIVE BRAINS even if they die in the last minute added? THIS IS AN IMPORTANT SPECIFIC.

Plus, if we're going with the idea of a minute then the option of everyone-to-get-inside-the-vehicle wouldn't be one to consider. It'd be completely unfair to the players that had successfully gotten inside the vehicle and not receive a bonus because other players had either chose not to go or could not make it.

To add to the last-minute-adding: Technically by the gameplaying standards of "specifics" here, you'll still have to survive to get to the vehicle if it's required. On the l4D2 mission of carnival the players must still make it to the helicopter to be counted on the credits as alive. This suggestion would be viewed more in the light if it was just added to the last minute of rounds and not lengthening the time of YOU STILL HAVE TO SURVIVE.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm pulling out the specifics here:

So what you stated is that if the round time officially relapses and an extra minute is added on: The player will STILL RECEIVE BRAINS even if they die in the last minute added? THIS IS AN IMPORTANT SPECIFIC.

Plus, if we're going with the idea of a minute then the option of everyone-to-get-inside-the-vehicle wouldn't be one to consider. It'd be completely unfair to the players that had successfully gotten inside the vehicle and not receive a bonus because other players had either chose not to go or could not make it.

To add to the last-minute-adding: Technically by the gameplaying standards of "specifics" here, you'll still have to survive to get to the vehicle if it's required. On the l4D2 mission of carnival the players must still make it to the helicopter to be counted on the credits as alive. This suggestion would be viewed more in the light if it was just added to the last minute of rounds and not lengthening the time of YOU STILL HAVE TO SURVIVE.
Okay, I understand what you're saying now. When I meant everyone getting in, I meant everyone would tp back to the lobby once everyone who had made it made it, not just one by one when you got into the vehicle. I thought this might be cool so you could watch as others try to make it.
Thanks for explaining what you meant and sorry I didn't understand! D:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm, this seems to have some potential
I can think of two gamemodes that would be kinda of cool that stem from this
One would be that kind of Team Escape, where you are trying to get as many of your own into the escape points as possible

Another might be a running sort of map, with individual escapes, but with swift, strong Hunters that often spawn ahead of you, so it would be quite a challenge to speed, stealth or brawl your way to the escape point
Not sure how the concept of after you escape, though. Maybe you could be put into a spectator mode or a spectator area or maybe Survivors can just be invincible while on the escape area, probably unable to attack too, for fairness to the Hunters
Lokking at this second suggestion, it almost seems a bit like Red Red Rover :laugh:
But maybe the escape point could be through a narrow passageway, or a the top of a hill

Any kind of variation of the original idea sounds like fun!
:laugh:

radman573

Reaction score
I really like this idea, as it would add even more fun to AoD BUT....

I don't think that just some random structure could be generated in an area for this to happen. I mean, I really hope there is a way but we haven't seen anything like it and it might be hard to code or impossible without adding something. Also, great consideration would have to be made for each map as this "vehicle" can't just spawn anywhere on the map. For maps like stronghold, more thought would have to be placed to see where the thing will spawn as it might be too easy for survivors to get there :(

If those obstacles can be overcome, I can't find any reason not to have it :D

smashball5

Reaction score
I don't know if I have much of an opinion or anything could possibly be done about this, but if you were a survivor, and there was a hunter more than 25 blocks out but you could just run past him with getting hurt a little and then tp straight to the lobby. This might not matter much because there might be like, four or five hunters 25 blocks out. It just depends on how the hunters play the game, but a very great idea, glad to have you making ideas for us, keep at it ;).

• Love
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Xfolo

Reaction score
I like it. But i think instead of a gamemode it should just be added randomly at the end of rounds. About 10% of rounds. We could add it on some maps. Some maps wont work with it at all. Example; 755 wouldn't work, since there is already a vehicle and it's very big. But yes, i do like it.

PS: When i say add it on some maps, the structure of the vehicle will generate randomly. I suggest its the same vehicle for each map, but in a different place.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I like it. But i think instead of a gamemode it should just be added randomly at the end of rounds. About 10% of rounds. We could add it on some maps. Some maps wont work with it at all. Example; 755 wouldn't work, since there is already a vehicle and it's very big. But yes, i do like it.

PS: When i say add it on some maps, the structure of the vehicle will generate randomly. I suggest its the same vehicle for each map, but in a different place.
That would be a problem considering the vehicle could generate high up in the sky or even in the ground if it is generated randomly.

Xfolo

Reaction score

That would be a problem considering the vehicle could generate high up in the sky or even in the ground if it is generated randomly.
Maybe we could set like 5 spawn points for it.