Suggestion: 10 second panic

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
First of all, what is 10 second panic?
10 second panic is when all players are summoned to spawn in the last 10 seconds before a zombie is selected. All the players the rush off as fast as they can, creating an exhilarating and energetic twist to the already exciting gameplay of the server.

What I'm suggesting!
A command, be it Op+ or VetOp+ to do this automatically, and accurately of course.

How this could work.
Example:
Matt_Allen used: /panic
10 second panic mode activated! Be on your heels!
20 seconds until zombie is chosen
10 seconds until the panic!
5 seconds until the panic!
Ooglie101: WEE, THE EXCITEMENT IS BUILDING!
1!
HERE WE GO!
At this time all are summoned to spawn and the panic begins!

This suggestion is open to change and different ideas.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Sounds cool Matt! This would be really exciting on some maps ;)
But I do think it should be a VetOp+ command and not Op+ because this should happen rarely because it will get lame if this gets overdone (and especially if it gets released at the start it will be done quite a lot)

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
since it can be done with summon all - it seems that ops should have the ability to have it? I mean it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Summer10

Reaction score
Sounds like it should be one of those, You are now VETOP.
COMMAND GET.
And with 30? Is it? Ops, it could get really overused, but with Vetops it could stay like Powerpill.
I am completely against this... This will completely ruin hiding people's chances. This will also undoubtedly be overused(even by vetops) even if it is only for the week it was added. When intensik first did it, playing was horrible for me as almost EVERY ROUND I played someone summoned us to spawn. Even with "/vote 10 second panic?" most of the players(the players who actually vote anyways) will choose it because it is mysterious, they want to test themselves, or they just like to see people run like hell around them. If this gets added I will not play for the first few days as it will be used constantly.. Anyways I am done ranting.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I am completely against this... This will completely ruin hiding people's chances. This will also undoubtedly be overused(even by vetops) even if it is only for the week it was added. When intensik first did it, playing was horrible for me as almost EVERY ROUND I played someone summoned us to spawn. Even with "/vote 10 second panic?" most of the players(the players who actually vote anyways) will choose it because it is mysterious, they want to test themselves, or they just like to see people run like hell around them. If this gets added I will not play for the first few days as it will be used constantly.. Anyways I am done ranting.
To avoid ruining the game for those that hide, perhaps it would better to have it used only on runner maps.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
When I played it was hardly ever used so I think that's a bit over-exaggerative, Besides, Ops can just Teleport everyone to spawn, so what's the difference between that and them having the /panic command? Nothing, So I don't see why it should be VetOp+; You might aswell make Summon VetOp+ aswell if that'd happen.

Summer, You need to argue with both sides, You're just stating every negative you can find - It wont be used constantly as @Damer_Flinn could easily tell the staff not to over-use it or they risk their Positions or something similar, And plenty of times I've seen 10 second panic be Out-voted with "No" and It's canceled. So don't bash it until It's tried out. :)

Summer10

Reaction score
When I played it was hardly ever used so I think that's a bit over-exaggerative, Besides, Ops can just Teleport everyone to spawn, so what's the difference between that and them having the /panic command? Nothing, So I don't see why it should be VetOp+; You might aswell make Summon VetOp+ aswell if that'd happen.

Summer, You need to argue with both sides, You're just stating every negative you can find - It wont be used constantly as @Damer_Flinn could easily tell the staff not to over-use it or they risk their Positions or something similar, And plenty of times I've seen 10 second panic be Out-voted with "No" and It's canceled. So don't bash it until It's tried out. :)
Well you play with different people I play with and at different times and I stated what I saw.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think the command "/summon all" should either be made Controller/Admin+ or completely removed from the game because there simply isn't a good reason to use it. Without summon all the command could actually be VetOp+, the problem if Operators could also use it is not that it will get abused it will be done too much but because there are so many Operators and everyone wants to try it so the 10-seconds-panic will occur too often. Also, I don't think there shouldn't be a voting, to create even more chaos players shouldn't even get a message message and then when there are 10 seconds left until the zombie selection you will get a message: "OH MY GOD, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, YOU ONLY HAVE 10 SECONDS" or something.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Good point @Vatumok - Since we no longer have to /summon all in a water vator now to check for WoM. Summon all has just two uses: 1) To mess around - which really isn't that great. or to add to the game play with the 10 second panic. 10 second panic is a nice gameplay mechanic, it would be nice to phase out /summon all in favor of the 10 second panic.

/edit - I do find it very annoying to be summoned to random location at the end of a map for no reason at all, except to relieve boredom.

Megatron

AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE
Reaction score
I think the command "/summon all" should either be made Controller/Admin+ or completely removed from the game because there simply isn't a good reason to use it.
The problem with that is that summon all is simply a summon which targets everyone. Summon has legitimate uses for ops, so removing it doesn't seem like much of an option.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I'm sure I could change this so you can do /summon z or /summon h, though doesn't that kick everyone for anti-hack? There are so many clauses to the AH script that it's a right mess, I'd rather not mess up things further if it'll need added in.

JtTorso

Reaction score
I'm sure I could change this so you can do /summon z or /summon h, though doesn't that kick everyone for anti-hack? There are so many clauses to the AH script that it's a right mess, I'd rather not mess up things further if it'll need added in.
Doesn't summons have a bit of a wait before the actual summon? I thought that prevented kicks.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
This is already overused by Ops. I think the /s all should be moved to VetOp at least; if higher, a panic command could be made. It just causes confusion for new players; remember, not everyone on zombie has had experience with the server. Also, from what I know votes can be unreliable; people can vote yes and not know what's coming, while people may not vote at all, or vote yes, and regret it after.