Suggesting maps for the rotation

Maxyz73

Dawg
Reaction score
Currently we have a rotation with very few maps:
It causes maps being overplayed and lots of people (including me) are not happy with it, and the rotation always used to have around 60 maps.

So I thought I make this thread that people can suggest maps for the rotation (post their favourite maps/maps that haven't been played for a long time/etc.)

Here are some of mine:
vault17, kororinpa, nowalk, pacmania, grandprix, stadium, peaks

Go ahead and post yours :)

fireball0409

Reaction score
I want to see vault17, peaks, ripoff, narrows, new_york, racetrack, airport, and I think it's called snow. :)

EDIT: Stardust, Digital_world, Off, Greatwall, Hipporun, Highrise, tomb, complex, hightower, fortress, the pit.

• Agree
Reactions: paceboys

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
There are still a lot of maps in "Map Submissions," my I think those deserve some time ;)
(because this rotation has A LOT of the newer submissions in maps submissions)

Other then that...
-Koroinpa
-highrise
-labyrinth (sucker for that map)
-Imperium
-Spleefl0ck
-Off
-greatwall
EDIT: Adding monastery, thanks for DKnucklehead for reminding me of this great map

Edit: Sorry if this upsets anyone but... Is it good to ask what maps to play? If we just pick the maps we like, the server will not get the diversity of maps that we currently have, good or bad, which I feel gives the server more of a kinetic feel to it, and gives you more possibilities to try out new things on old maps you may not remember.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay I honestly dont want to see grandprix back. Yes, it was a great map but it was horrendously overplayed and it will happen again. Also hipporun while its good I don't want to see it back. Way too many people focused solely on the jump course which (In my opinion) ruined the gameplay there. Also not labyrinth just no. The map I want to see back is actually IMPERIUM. This map was a great map to play on and the results weren't the same almost every time it was played a diffrent side would win. This map also (while it has limited hiding) is great for those who can utilze there environment. This map is hard but in my opinion well worth being back. Also as for vault17 I dont really care I personally hate it because its overplayed so much but if people want to see it back in fine my me. Sorry for being harsh but honestly this is what I think.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnOgozalek

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I am just going to throw this in. The server can hold many many many maps in the unloaded. However only a certain number of those Actually get picked to be played by the server. Say we have 100 maps on the server, only I think around 30 were actually being picked by the server in the map voting time between maps. This is why the /unloaded is so small now. There is no point in having all the maps on at a time since not all of them would be picked.

Instead we need to be thinking of what groups of 30-ish maps we want at a time.This would require much more updating by HC's though and that is why the map list doesn't change too often.

Guinessis

Reaction score
My dream list. Lots of my maps on here because they are easy to remember, and I don't really know any of the new-ish maps.

I like the idea of map "playlists", with smaller groups of maps that are rotated on a frequent basis.

Arco - Myst's favorite map, so it has to be good.
NoBuild128 - Necessity.
Paradise (or is it Hawaii) - Beautiful map.
Original - Because it's the original.
Dontstop - Simple, fun, running map.
Labyrinth - The ultimate troll.
Experimental - Fun with physics.
Bootcamp/BasicTraining - Classic jump course.
Sunspots - My favorite map.
Fortress - My second favorite map.
Ravine - Only got to play it once.
PandorasBox - Spent way too long building it for it to be unused. (Seriously, this map made me go on a very long hiatus).
Carnival - Best secrets ever.
Narrows - Great running map with a strong theme.
ThePit - Because I know all of the secrets.
Tomb - Ditto.
Asylum/Clockwork - Always need a tower map.
PacMania/Disco/Babel - Simple and fun.
Complex - A less trolly Labyrinth.
Stairs - Classic map, can't beat it.
Mystic - First map I ever made, nostalgia factors.

GrandPrix was massively overplayed for a while, and Vault17 just isn't as fun when everyone knows how to work it.

• Agree
Reactions: paceboys

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Labyrinth, koroinpa, racetrack and swimzombieswim should not come back in rotation, the gameplay is just plain awful on those maps.
I think Guinessis made a great list (only exception is Labyrinth), and I would love to see at least some of those maps back in rotation.

• Disagree
Reactions: storm886