[Story] Justice League: Mortal

Y

YouWould

Synopsis:
A team of superheroes must assemble when Darkseid attacks Earth with an army of White Martians. After one of them dies, the team scatters out into hiding. Five years later, the team reassembles to face Darkseid in a battle that will change everything. Written by katman46. 28-11-14

Based off the popular DC comics characters.

Y

YouWould

PART 1

The yellow Apkillan donned his blue armor and prepared for the war. Another Apkillan, Mongul, had decided to overthrow the government of Apokolips, tearing the planet in two. For years, each side had been developing powerful weapons, literally breaking apart the planet's crust and unmasking the magma beneath. Many lives had been lost in the war. He had watched as his brother Arkillo was slaughtered by the savages. He put the sonic cannon on his arm and marched out of the barracks. He had only traveled two miles when an enemy missile hit him. He stumbled down into a pit, searing. He was sliding down, closer to the lava.
But then, he realized he wasn't.
The lava inched closer to him, forming around his arm. It solidified, and he was unharmed. He slipped off his sonic cannon, and reached out his other arm. The magma formed around that arm as well, seeping under his armour and around his whole body. He felt as though he was stronger. He lifted his fist and slammed it into the edge of the pit. a huge crack formed, and rocks tumbled down onto his arm. His eyes felt powerful, and he concentrated all his power to them. Red bolts flew from his eyes, and the rocks vanished. He jumped up out of the pit, and flew several stories into the air. He landed directly on an enemy in the battlefield, crushing his body and bones. More enemies attacked him, but their sonic weapons had no effect. He walked over and crushed their necks, blood rushing down his hand.
"You will all fall," he said, "for I am Darkseid."
~~~~~​
Bruce looked up from the building, his armour on. It was mostly black, all in different pieces, with a green, glowing metal lining the armor. Kryptonite, one of Superman's most effective weaknesses. Superman landed behind him.
"Do you want to explain what you did in Metropolis?" asked Superman.
"It was a necessary measure." said Batman.
"You cant just kill people! He could've had another chance!" said Superman.
"Another chance to do what? Break out of jail and kill more people?"
"You and I both know that Lex was evil, but we're supposed to be the embodiment of good! Now you've gone over to the dark!"
"The dark? Clark. I'm a gray area. There isn't just black and white. "
"No. You're not a gray area. You're in the dark."
Superman flew up, his eyes glowing red.
PART 2

Superman flew at Batman swiftly, but Batman dodged his attack.
"Even sloppier than normal," muttered Bruce.
"I see you took a trip to Smallville." said Superman
"I'm not the only person who has it," said Batman. Bruce realized something different about Superman's voice.
"Alfred," said Bruce, "scan Clark."
"On it, sir." replied Alfred. Superman's eyes glowed red again, and lasers shot from his eyes.
"Armor's heatpoof."
"Sir," said Alfred, "There seems to be a device on the back of his neck affecting his neurotransmissions."
"Mind control." said Batman, "Of course." Bruce looked down from the building.
"30 stories." He looked at Superman, who was within jumping distance of the building. Bruce ran and grabbed onto Superman's back, who started to fall. Bruce pulled the device off the back of his neck and jumped into one of the building's windows. He pressed a button, and magnified his lens onto the device.
"Translate."
"Starro lives." said the Batcomputer, connected wirelessly to his earpiece.
PART 3
Hal Jordan, scanning the device, stood in the Batcave with Batman and Superman.
"Device recognized," said Hal's ring, "WARNING: STARRO LIVES." The ring glowed and fired a green ball of energy at the device. The device was destroyed, and Hal frowned.
"Fucking little shit," said Hal, grabbing a bottle of whiskey from Alfred's tray. Hal was about to drink it until Bruce slapped it out of his hand, the bottle breaking.
"Your liver's already half dead," said Bruce, "no need to reignite your addiction."
"It didn't pierce my skin," said Superman, "I would've known if it had Kryptonite, so it must've made use of my brain waves."
"What're you suggesting?" asked Bruce
"I'm suggesting we need to talk to a telepath."
The trio stood in front of a comatose alien being held in a government facility. Batman placed a loop on the camera footage.
"It wont go unnoticed for long," said Bruce. Superman cut the alien free from his bonds, and he awoke, startled, but he calmed when he saw Hal.
"A Green Lantern?" asked the alien, "what're you doing here? It isn't safe, the catalyst is going to go off soon." Hal realized he recognized the alien. A Green Martian.
"I'm sorry," said Hal. The Martian looked about and realized he wasn't on Mars.
"Where am I?" asked the Martian.
"Mars was destroyed 5000 years ago. You're on Earth. You... you're the last survivor."
"We need your help," said Bruce.
"Why?" asked the Martian.
"Green Lantern's ring thought a mind-controlling device was a threat and destroyed it."
"Must be something powerful, what do you need?"
"We need to know if you can track brain waves through time."
"That's possible, but only if you can project my conscious into the time." Suddenly, the alarms blared, and red lights turned on. The other two holding cells opened, and a gray beast with red eyes and white spikes all over his body crashed out of a cell door. An Amazonian came out of the other one, and the beast attacked her.
"We need to help her!" said the Martian, who flew into the room, followed by the others. The beast beat her with his fists, as she sliced his arms with her sword. The five swiftly took down the beast.
"Lets leave before security comes." said the Martian. They all left, flying, with Batman using a jetpack.
PART 4

They landed in Central City to see the Flash fighting Zoom. Superman was about to join the fight until something hit him, and he was in a different place. He looked around to see silver everywhere. Where was he?
Mirror Master picked up his reflecting ball from the ground, Superman visibly inside it. Behind him was Heatwave, Tarpit, Folded Man, Murmur, and Double Down. Hal jumped at Double Down, who threw a series of sharp playing cards at him. They pierced Hal's uniform and skin, but he kept on. The Martian went straight for Murmur, who released toxic gases and slashed at him with knives. The Amazonian took on both Tarpit and Folded Man. Batman attacked Mirror Master.
"Where's Superman?" asked Batman, punching Mirror Master. Mirrors cut his skin, some getting stuck in his flesh and bones. Batman got a good hit on him, shattering his glass armor and injuring him. Batman kept punching until the mirrors stopped coming. Bruce held his bloody fist up, ready to strike.
"One last chance," said Bruce, "where the hell is Superman?"
PART 5

Mirror Master cut Bruce's face with a mirror, and Bruce Shattered his helmet and broke his nose. Blood trickled from it, and Mirror Master fell over, dropping his mirror ball. Bruce was about to hit him again, but he saw Superman on the ball, moving. Bruce stood up and put the ball in his belt. The Flash flew through a building and landed on his back in front of Batman.
"He got away," said Barry. Batman pulled him up, and Barry ran into the fight. Bruce followed him, going for Murmur. Soon, the New Rogues were down, Barry taking them down one by one. Barry proceeded to vibrate Superman out of the ball.
"Mirror world," said Barry, "pretty odd place." Barry looked up at everyone.
"Thanks for the help," he said, "but why are you all here?"
"We need your help." said Batman.
Barry and the Martian were attached to a machine. Barry started vibrating, lightning arcing around him. The Martian closed his eyes and concentrated, feeling his brain waves being transmitted back in time. After 20 seconds had passed, he realized his telepathy wasn't working. He phased through the machine and out of the Batcave. The Martian flew up into the air to see a massive, metal world, with flames erupting from it, followed by an army. An army he was far too familiar with.
The White Martians.
PART 6

He flew back into the Batcave.
"We can do this another time." said the Martian. Suddenly, all the technology in the Batcave went off.
"Emergency Essentials enable," said Bruce. His armor glowed red under his armor plates, glowing through the slits.
"We're being invaded." said Bruce. They left to see a large, gray alien with red, glowing eyes on a hovercraft in the sky. Armies of White Martians landed on the ground from the skies, fighting the heroes. Superman flew up to the hovercraft to confront the alien.
"Who are you?" asked Superman.
"My name is Darkseid," he said.
"Why are you attacking us? Why Earth?"
"There are a few reasons that motivated both me and my army. My army wants to kill the Martian that remains here and take control of this world, under my command. I, however, came for you." Darkseid whipped out a shard of Kryptonite and shoved it in between two of Superman's ribs. He looked down, blood staining his costume. Superman turned white, and fell off the edge of the hovercraft. Bruce looked up to watch him fall. A man holding a trident flew up from the water, the Man of Steel landing on the water. The wave receded, and the Atlantean stood on the shore, trying to heal him. When Batman arrived, the Atlantean looked up at him.
"I'm sorry," he said, "Superman is dead."
With Superman's death, the six remaining heroes receded into hiding. Having no resistance, Darkseid and the White Martians swiftly took control of Earth. It was five years until the superheroes decided action should be taken. A plan to sneak into Darkseids throne room for one final chance at freedom was devised.
PART 7

Barry played with his Flash ring, weaving it through his fingers. He put it on and pulled out a communicator Bruce had built when the shelters were made. The Amazonian had gone missing, alongside the Martian and Aquaman. Darkseid's forces had conquered most of the planet, leaving only the peaks of the Himalayan Mountains suitable for human life. Suddenly, the communicator beeped, and Barry heard a voice.

Hal leaped out of bed when the communicator beeped.
"What is that?" asked the woman Hal had been sleeping with.
"Nothing," said Hal.
"HAL!" said the voice.
"Dammit Bruce!" said Hal
"Who the fuck is that?" asked the woman, who picked up her clothes and ran.
"Now that you're done fucking random people as usual," said Bruce, "I need you at the conference room."

"You're suggesting suicide." said Hal
"No," said Bruce, "I'm suggesting you get off your drunken ass and help for once!"
"What've you done?!"
"I LOST MY LEGS TRYING TO KILL DARKSEID!"
"YEAH? YOU ALSO LOST OUR GOOD FIGHTERS!"
"Stop!" yelled Barry, "If the best we can do is give it a shot, then that's what we'll do."
"Fine," said Hal.
"Good," said Bruce, "tomorrow we storm the throne room."
PART 8

Darkseid sat on his throne, trophies from all he had killed surrounding him. A large White Martian decked in battle armor kneeled before him.
"What is it you want, Glorious Godfrey?" asked Darkseid
"Sir," said Godfrey, "our forces are being overrun by three rebels."
"Who? I'll have their heads after this!"
"Batman, Green Lantern, and the Flash."
"Was tearing off Batman's legs not enough to keep him away?" They suddenly heard the whirrs and clicks of Bruce's mechanical legs walking in.
"Defend your leader!" yelled Darkseid. Glorious Godfrey got up to attack, but in an instant yellow lightning arced around him and he fell, dead.
"Who was that?" asked Barry.
"Very well then," said Darkseid, "It's your time to die." The lightning arced around Darksied, but he reached out his fist and a man was thrown into the wall and died. Hal lunged at Darkseid, a construct in front of him. Darkseid shattered the construct and grabbed hall. He dislodged Hal's arm and threw him at the wall, his bones breaking. Hal charged back at him, and Darkseid punched him. He held Hal up by the neck and fired his Omega beams at him. Hal vanished, leaving only his ring behind. Darkseid took the ring and put it around his finger, it's size changing.
"Who's next?" asked Darkseid.
PART 9
SOON

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Naoh
Y

YouWould

he doesnt kill
That's why he jumped in the window and didn't stay on Superman.
EDIT: Oh, yeah. Why can't I remember what I write?
don't worry if you see differences like that right now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bruce looked up from the building, his armour on. Superman landed behind him.
"Do you want to explain what you did in Metropolis?" asked Superman.
"It was a necessary measure." said Batman.
"You cant just kill people! He could've had another chance!" said Superman.
"Another chance to do what? Break out of jail and kill more people?"

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Y

YouWould

The best picture I could find for each character in Mortal:

Superman:

Batman:

Wonder Woman:

Green Lantern:

The Flash:

Aquaman:

Martian Manhunter:

BONUS
Doomsday:

Apokolips:

Y

YouWould

TRAILER
"Five years ago, the Man of Steel was killed."
[Batman clutches his cape in his hand, head down]
"Because of that, a temporary team known as the Justice League was disbanded."
[Hal Jordan walks away and pulls off his ring]
"But now, Darkseid has begun a new form of evil. Now, nobody is safe."
[Darkseid snaps Wonder Woman's neck and has Aquaman and Martian Manhunter trapped in a perpetually burning room]
"So, the three of us that remain must fight back."
[Barry plays with his Flash ring, maneuvering it around his fingers]
"Barry. Hal. This is a cry. A cry for help."
[Batman appears unmasked on a screen, Hal watching]
"This is a cry for Justice."
JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL
CONTINUES JANUARY
[Batman lays on the ground, his armor broken, blood rushing onto the ground]
"Run, Barry. Run."
[Barry runs, and suddenly turns yellow, lightning arcing around him and on the ground behind him]
RATED 13+