StarBound

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I mean, it looks better than terraria, but it seems to be pretty much the same thing... I'd wait awhile before buying it, so it's actually worth it (if you already have terraria). But it lacks creativity from what I've seen, with nearly the same animations for characters that there was in terraria, the same building, fighting, but just added some better graphics and a couple new features.

I mean, they should really have a "Trade in terraria" button next to "Add to Cart".
Yeah but Starbound has improved upon one thing that both Minecraft and Terraria screwed up horribly;
OMFG 10TH HOTKEY SLOT YES TOTALLY GETTING THIS GAME

Digitalis

Reaction score
I mean, it looks better than terraria, but it seems to be pretty much the same thing... I'd wait awhile before buying it, so it's actually worth it (if you already have terraria). But it lacks creativity from what I've seen, with nearly the same animations for characters that there was in terraria, the same building, fighting, but just added some better graphics and a couple new features.

I mean, they should really have a "Trade in terraria" button next to "Add to Cart".

Wait. have you actually PLAYED the game?

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I'd just like to say this.
No game copies from another.
Every single game out there is a whole, different new game. Every game is bound to have similar traits, more or less. Plus, one of the creators of Terraria helped make this game. It's a superb game. Your comment comes out offensive to people who like it, whether or not you're trying to be that way or trying to be informational/stating your opinion.
Okay, if anything, how was I offensive...?

Also that's completely not true. Games do copy other games, sometimes blatantly. Having a dev that worked on both gives no excuse for this. Yes games can be similars, that's obvious, but this game is seems to play almost the same, same animations, same combat, etc. Not to mention it even had a dev from Terraria working on it, so it makes me think more that it's supposed to be copying it.

Shadowofgods

I do not need to play it to see it's copying terraria. Even if it changes some keys, oh no! Most other stuff is still the same.

Reactions: Henry
D

DarkHender

I'd just like to say this.
No game copies from another.
Every single game out there is a whole, different new game. Every game is bound to have similar traits, more or less. Plus, one of the creators of Terraria helped make this game. It's a superb game. Your comment comes out offensive to people who like it, whether or not you're trying to be that way or trying to be informational/stating your opinion.
I have to say, I love starbound but you cannot say that it isnt almost exactly like Terraria.
(this is also beta though, things can change.)

Reactions: Henry and Pikmon2

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Although Starbound is really similar to Terraria, that is somewhat the idea they were starting off with; "The spiritual successor to Terraria."

Things will change and be added, that's for sure, but there's definitely lots of differences right now.

I'm the type of person that feels optimistic about the games I love, and I honestly can't feel bad for Starbound. It is indeed similar to Terraria, so...

If you like Terraria, and are completely fine with bugs, character wipes, changes, additions, and removals... Then get Starbound! It's a brilliant game, and it's well worth the money, in my humble opinion. I honestly feel that it feels more fun that Terraria, but only because I like the sense of exploration more. I haven't even found most of the things currently set out in the game, and I can safely assure you, I plan on finding those things!

But, if you don't like the fact it's in Beta, it's probably well worth the wait. I'm not sure how long the Beta will last, but the official release will no doubt be awesome!

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Although Starbound is really similar to Terraria, that is somewhat the idea they were starting off with; "The spiritual successor to Terraria."
Mk. So if I go into game developing with the idea " the spiritual successor to Super Mario 3D World", I get the right to copy the game that was recently made and updated, down to almost all aspects? But it's okay, cause it's a spiritual successor.

Now let me say this. I'm not saying Starbound is a bad game. I stated my opinion in the first post. The reason I'm upset now is these arguments for it that don't make sense. I totally fine if you like the game, I'll probably even buy it eventually, but if your gonna defend your game you like, you gotta defend it well.

Also, by the above statement, I mean no offense to the others who responded to my posts, your still fine people in my opinion.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Love it. It's really awesome.
The first boss was totally OP the first time I fought it, but once I had a good strategy I beat it.

I basicly hid in a bunker made of obsidian and shot throught tiny holes.

The boss summoned a penguin in my fort so I had to take cover with only 1 hole left to shoot through =(
As you can see I had close to no HP left

dannyboymed

Without a title
Reaction score
Right. I've got Starbound. It's time to see what all this craic is about. According to Steam, I put 159 hours into Terraria, so it's quite likely I might just like this.

Henry

Reaction score
I played Starbound with Malcovent and Snowma. We found a nice wizard with a nice tower. It had a big bell in it. We wanted to build our own house, and we decided dismantling the wizard's tower and using the material for our own house seemed the best option. Because we are merciful people, we spared the wizard. We left him a home.

I wanna join

Edit: I'm on Violum, what about you guys?