Staff vs. Non-Staff mode

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Ever since someone(you know who you are ;)) accidently turned off powerpill at the wrong time and ended up having people who log-in become human, I realized a staff vs non staff mode is actually possible. I would love to see this implemented and from a coding prospect would require a few things switched around in a new spot. Most of the work is already done, like when ops can become opzombies in middle of a round. Switch that to human-volia.
Of course that raises the standard question if ops can be trusted with that kind of power, but a simple workaround can be if it could only be used if a higher rank enables access to that mode in the first place. (Like how powerpill and hardcore modes are activated)
Also about the unfair to normal players; You outnumber us, it becomes a test of teamwork.

Summer10

Reaction score
Of course that raises the standard question if ops can be trusted with that kind of power
Do you mean with the command or to /client hacks off before doing it? Oh and that would also be a problem... since we can't just say "ok!"" /unhax" "done" we would need to log out then come back in after typing in "/client hax off"

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Actually depending on when it was done, a power pill never has to be unfair. Vetops+ have the option to power pill after the last human is caught, in the last few seconds before the score board is put up.

However this suggestion would always force people to be something they may or may not want to be.
That is the difference :D
Sorry I never got back to you, but this is what I meant. Thanks Jowe!

In addition, if the last human(s) is hidden away in some incredibly awesome/very creative spot, then there wont be a powerpill. That'd just be rude to the human(s). It's all about when you use it; you don't want to be unfair to the humans, which is why powerpill is usually used on running maps (nobuild128). If it's used well, then I think it's a very fun addition to the game. I don't really see that with this idea.

Also a concern if the mass ammount of confusion this would cause, especially among our new players (though I guess confusion can always be the case when using alternatives like powerpill, hardcore mode, etc).

I just don't like the idea of having most of the players limited from the start to being a zombie. It might only be for one round, but that doesn't mean we should do it. For the alternative that's been talked about (having staff become zombies): That seems really useless to me, as Operators can just unref in the spawn to become zombies when the round starts, and it's not that hard to organize something like that.

I'm wondering, though: any ideas on how exactly you would get around all of that? How would it be used efficiently? I would like to hear some suggestions.

EDIT: Messed with the font size so the second half of my post seems smaller. Sorry if it's a pain to read, but I can't seem to fix it.