Staff vs. Non-Staff mode

Worstever

Reaction score
So I looked through the suggestions and didn't see this but if I repeated I apologize beforehand.

So the idea is that it would be a mode where all the trusted+ become humans and the non-staff become zombies, and there is a round played with this format. So there are about three skilled humans trying to survive against the horde, I just kinda guessed on the average number of staff on.

I would think the round would probably need to be shortened to maybe 5 minutes to give staff a chance (they're good, but maybe not 10 min good). Also, it could be reversed, and have the staff be zombies and the humans the non-staff, but it is much easier to break the rules as a human, so an op is needed, and that's why I suggested the staff as humans.

I don't know how hard the coding would be, but hopefully it isn't too complicated.

The command could be vetop+ kinda like powerpill, making it rare. It seems fun to me as a non-staff member, but I don't know how the staff feel about it. I feel like having the staff as zombies would be more fun, but the lacking of an op reffing could be a major problem.

Feel free to laud this idea as the best idea since sliced bread or destroy it with blistering comments of truth.

-Worstever

Summer10

Reaction score
If this is accepted, what if a person if afk? What if a person is moderating? What if a person really doesn't want to play? The list goes on.... Even if we do get an amount of refs that makes this even, someone would need to moderate, I don't think this was thought through that well... oh and if it is initiated most of the players would think " oh no staff to moderate, rule breaking time!".

Widdish

L♥VE
Reaction score
I feel like having the staff as zombies would be more fun, but the lacking of an op reffing could be a major problem.
I'm guessing that an Op can choose whether or not to participate? I would like to hear any changes you would like to make to this suggestion, after hearing the possible problems that could arise, before I go to any conclusion. It's not a bad idea, but I'd like to hear some specifics.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I have a feeling this thing already happens.

It's not this rare when an trusted+ is the last human, so it's pretty much the same thing.

And as summer said, someone needs to ref the game.

Worstever

Reaction score
If this is accepted, what if a person if afk? What if a person is moderating? What if a person really doesn't want to play? The list goes on.... Even if we do get an amount of refs that makes this even, someone would need to moderate, I don't think this was thought through that well... oh and if it is initiated most of the players would think " oh no staff to moderate, rule breaking time!".
Then just don't make it random and only make it an Vetop+ command, so they can decide when is a good time to do it. And about the rule breaking, as a zombie the rules you can break are making people unreachable (viewable by the now human staff) lag-pillaring (viewable), glitching to get to staff (viewable) and chat stuff which is always viewable. Viewable as in the staff can directly see it, and they don't need to be reffing necessarily.

And the staff could feel free to not participate and ref instead, I don't know how you would make it mandatory anyway.

Worstever

Reaction score
I have a feeling this thing already happens.

It's not this rare when an trusted+ is the last human, so it's pretty much the same thing.

And as summer said, someone needs to ref the game.
I know this happens lots of the time, I just thought it would be more of a challenge/more fun if it was on-purpose, instead of just a usual round.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
But that just ruins the game for some people, who actually want to be a human and win.
Unless there like a voting beforehand or once the staff get caught it switches back to normal.

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
I think this would be great, but not mandatory for referees is also a good idea. Imagine poor old AvantGarde just afking in the spawn, FORCE HUMAN-ED and afking there. Then a zombie comes by, poof! He'll never see it coming to ref the round :D.
Also maybe when coded there should be a detection to see which staff is on WoM? Then they wouldnt be forced into it because WoMming ophumans is bad xD. (That means no force humaning avant D: )

-P.S. Still <3 you avant :D

Reactions: AvantGarde

Worstever

Reaction score
I think that could work kraby with the voting, but I don't know how the switching back to normal would be? So start a new round at the same map and play it normally?

Worstever

Reaction score
As much fun as this would be for me, it's really unfair for a lot of the players.
Understood, but isn't powerpill unfair to the last few surviving also? And also if it's a short round, then it's only unfair for a short time period:) Also, as Kraby suggested if it went back to normal or the round restarted after, then the unfairness could be alleviated I hope.

Reactions: Gasy_Europeon

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Lets make the effects random? When activated one round, all non wom staff are humans and players are zombies. And on another time when its activated, all non wom staff are zombies, and all players are humans. That way it would be fair to all :)

Reactions: Gasy_Europeon

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Understood, but isn't powerpill unfair to the last few surviving also? And also if it's a short round, then it's only unfair for a short time period:) Also, as Kraby suggested if it went back to normal or the round restarted after, then the unfairness could be alleviated I hope.
Actually depending on when it was done, a power pill never has to be unfair. Vetops+ have the option to power pill after the last human is caught, in the last few seconds before the score board is put up.

However this suggestion would always force people to be something they may or may not want to be.
That is the difference :D

Reactions: One one two

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
I honestly think it sounds like a great idea. It would add a fun competition to the game every once in a while. :) As for the problem about WoMming staff becoming humans, could the command be similar to the map queuing command? The command could be something like /staffplay and when used, a message would show, warning everyone that the next round will be a Staff v. Non-Staff round. This way, more staff have the chance to participate as they will know to turn their hacks off if they wish to join in. For example:

Round Time Left: 1 min
Kattzen has activated Staff v. Non-Staff for next round! Prepare yourselves!
(Kattzen turns off haxs)
Awwwyea: Hell yeah!
(Awwwyea turns off haxs)
Nottycat: In what world can staff beat non-staff? >:3
Ooglie101: In the world of a cow. MOO
(Ooglie101 turns off haxs)
The Round Is Over!!
(insert random stuff here)
Round Starts in 3...
Round Starts in 2...
Round Starts in 1...
Staff v. Non-Staff is a gogogo
Staff: 3 Non-Staff: 26

As for switching the round back to normal after all the staff are caught, what if there is so little round time left that it is impossible for the zombie to catch anyone? It would be unfair to the player to be so close to winning, and then be the first zombie 30 seconds from the round end. Could ending the S v. NS round right after all staff are caught work as well? Also, once a staff member is caught, do they go to the non-staff side?

Reactions: Mooglie