Creator(s) : ABDJT
Dimensions : 64 x 64 x 64
Round Time : 10 minute standard
Diggable depth of the map : 1
Physics : 1
Which server did you build your map on? : TheWorldEndsWithAWhimper
Number of secrets : 0
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?zcykjkrgrbcoda3
Description of map. : Basically, a running / spleef map.
Screenshots of map : http://imgur.com/a/Ub20W#5

Edit: DarkHender did spawnhouse.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I like this map; it's a great layered map. The only question isn't about the map itself, but about other maps; do we need another runner map? Other than that, great ;)

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about this map yet. There is quite a bit of running maps floating about, but still, I would like to see the gameplay. Maybe it's the best damn runner map ever?

• Love
Reactions: ABDJT

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I downloaded the map and looked at it. The map has a crazystairs feel to it. (A map I particularly like) It is a pretty well built map. The only problems with it are none of the blocks are door blocks so the spleef won't work which can easily be fixed. The other thing is the top of the wall can be reached easily by building onto it, so you as a mapmaker can decide if you want the top wall part of the map if not I suggest to op_air the map as well. The rest of the map looks good and I hope to play it in the future.

• Love

ABDJT

Reaction score
Unfortunately the op_air and the doors have not traveled along with the map file, and I do not know how to fix that. but I can say that all of the map is suppose to be op_aired (walls are not suppose to be built on/able to get on top of). All of the iron blocks in the map are suppose to be doors, even the stairs. And the glass in the water section is suppose to be doors. If there is anyway I can make that easier / have the block effects stay with the map file I am flexible with fixing it.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
There's to 500 maps for the server, and I can safely say at least 80% of them aren't running maps. :p Looks pretty good though, we need more major physics-based maps like this, as they are an uncommon kind. Regarding this,

Unfortunately the op_air and the doors have not traveled along with the map file, and I do not know how to fix that. but I can say that all of the map is suppose to be op_aired (walls are not suppose to be built on/able to get on top of). All of the iron blocks in the map are suppose to be doors, even the stairs. And the glass in the water section is suppose to be doors. If there is anyway I can make that easier / have the block effects stay with the map file I am flexible with fixing it.
Yeah, physics don't travel with the level file. We can fix this on the server easily though, so don't worry. One thing I do suggest is that you change the stairs from being doors to bedrock, or something of the sort. The problem I see with physics maps (taking Peaks as a prime example) is that they'll constantly break the stairway up to them, breaking rule two.

It looks good though, and it'll be fun I see. :D

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Well, with that solved I look forward to this map being played in future rotations.

• Love

Txboy1234

Reaction score
There's to 500 maps for the server, and I can safely say at least 80% of them aren't running maps. :p
Yes that probaly is true, but with all of these extra maps that people haven't played in ages we end up with the same old runner maps every other rotation. Look at the current one, majority of it is runner maps which only experianced players can win at. Let's give the newbies some chances at getting streaks of survives and kills. If we can limit the runner maps in each rotation I have no problem bringing a map like this into it.

• Agree
Reactions: HarmakAnna

ABDJT

Reaction score
There's to 500 maps for the server, and I can safely say at least 80% of them aren't running maps. :p Looks pretty good though, we need more major physics-based maps like this, as they are an uncommon kind. Regarding this,

Yeah, physics don't travel with the level file. We can fix this on the server easily though, so don't worry. One thing I do suggest is that you change the stairs from being doors to bedrock, or something of the sort. The problem I see with physics maps (taking Peaks as a prime example) is that they'll constantly break the stairway up to them, breaking rule two.

It looks good though, and it'll be fun I see. :D
I would not mind the stairs being changed to bedrock! x3

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Yes that probaly is true, but with all of these extra maps that people haven't played in ages we end up with the same old runner maps every other rotation. Look at the current one, majority of it is runner maps which only experianced players can win at. Let's give the newbies some chances at getting streaks of survives and kills. If we can limit the runner maps in each rotation I have no problem bringing a map like this into it.
Oh really? I'm sure that Jeff0521 HypeBurst would like to hear, considering they were bragging in opchat about the higher player count because of the rotation they claimed they picked. :giggle:

I would not mind the stairs being changed to bedrock! x3
Well at least you see my point in it. :3 You won't have to change it, as we can probably fix this along with the physics blocks on the server if it's accepted.

• Love

Guinessis

Reaction score
In the past physics blocks were stored in the .lvl file - was the map exported as a .dat before being converted back to a .lvl, or have they changed the way that MCForge works?

ABDJT

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a WoM dumped file. But, personally I like using the WoM file dump more than going to the file directly.