/speed 5

IamGreg07

Reaction score
So as it is, vetops+ can currently adjust the speed of lava/water flow. This helps gameplay in general and to an extent, deflooding.

But while lava is always moving, the map and homes are going to flood. Unflooding dams, especially on your own can be a pain and won't always be successful, and one griefer going after a entire room can be problematic if you have lava coming from every angle.

My suggestion is to add either a /speed 5 or if not some other way (/speed off?), which would stop the lava entirely. This would also be a well suited command for Ops to have, since not being able to fly is a major hinderance for dam floods and the like. It could be a timed thing where it only pauses the lava for 30 seconds or something, but I believe it would be incredibly helpful for ops regardless.

Thanks for reading ^^

Arcius

Reaction score
Controllers can turn physics off which basically does the same thing. I understand this is to give Ops/vetops a chance to help unflood but setting the speed to turtle is normally enough if you cuboid/replace active lava with sponges. As for ops, it would require a bit of coding (I assume) to allow them one function of lava speed, but then they would need to be able to turn it back on... Which at that point you might as well give them full lava speed control. I do see how it would be useful, but I'm not sold that it's completely necessary.

Reaction score
We had /pause and it used to mess up the physics
As for /speed, i can make /speed directly sets the value of the lava speed mechanism, works like this:
/speed 0 - 5
/speed 1 - 15
/speed 2 - 25
/speed 3 - 35
/speed 4 - 60
---
/speed <5 - 100>
With this, you will be able to set the speed from 5(fastest) to 100(that is slower than turtle)

oliver56bird

Reaction score
I agree that ops should have some type of command to slow down the lava. Pretty much if a dam breaks, and its not turtle, you have to call on a vetop+ or let it be. But as Arc sorta said, is it codeable?

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I agree that ops should have some type of command to slow down the lava. Pretty much if a dam breaks, and its not turtle, you have to call on a vetop+ or let it be. But as Arc sorta said, is it codeable?
It's just like any other speed type. For this type of command, the physics speed can be set to 0-100. For the speed on slowing the lava down significantly, it'll probably be set to around 5, maybe less.

EDIT: Not 5, I thought 5 was around the slowest :confused:. Whatever the number is to set for slower speed, will be set for that purpose.

IamGreg07

Reaction score
So as I understand it, it's not really possible to 'pause' the lava without turning physics off, but we are able to reduce the lava to an incredibly slow speed? As I'd said, if there's a way for just ops to use this command, It'd be really beneficial.

Arc said:
Which at that point you might as well give them full lava speed control.
You could say this, but I don't view the main function of having /speed being to slow down the lava in order to deflood. The command on it's own has lots of unique uses like being able to flood the map with little time left and running checks on the lava flow. Making it super slow/paused would be fundamentally useful to ops, on the other hand. Even with turtle speed, if a dam is flooding at the top and the op is at the bottom and with no help, they may still struggle with deflooding depending on the magnitude.

This idea itself was thought up when I was deflooding a house that had grief in unknown areas of it (a ship in a glass box). I was just able to attack where I saw the water coming from and setting it to the slowest speed wasn't enough to stop people losing lives. There were various levels and areas the flood was reaching and people were incredibly compact, so my only real chance at ensuring everyone lived would have been to halt the water flow while I investigated.

Arcius

Reaction score
I never really had any problems with it when I was an op. Just took strategic sponge pillaring. The only time I had issues was when I caught it late or it was on a higher speed, but in that case there were always vetop+ on.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Given that the speed sets to African Swallow after a DR round is played, I could see this being useful for operators if nobody was there to change the speed. If the speed didn't change after a death run round, then some well placed sponge pillers or the help of a vetop will usually fix things up without any problems.

Arcius

Reaction score
itt: Arcius is pro op and you all need to get on his level
Summary of every thread I post in.

Given that the speed sets to African Swallow after a DR round is played, I could see this being useful for operators when no vetops are on. If the speed didn't change after a death run round, then some well placed sponge pillers or the help of a vetop will usually fix things up without any problems.
This. This is a major issue in my opinion.