Solitude needs your ideas!

• Thread starter Deleted member 4601
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4601

Solitude needs your ideas, no matter how bizarre they may be - as long as you can come up with a reason to it, we'll consider 'em! Thanks a whole bunch! (Don't worry - any ideas that were made in the previous feedback thread and form will also be considered and evaluated. There is no guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented. All terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without prior notice. All rights reserved, 2016.)

Click here!

Fill up the form! (You are encouraged to submit as many ideas as you'd like)

Last edited by a moderator:

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Its sad when a server genuinely asks for help/suggestions and a Moderator... not a player... but a Moderator. Says something assholish that would be expected from a non-moderator material player. Yes I am sick of the toxicity of some of our Mods. Also I don't want to start a flame war on this thread.

Yes I know this is an Event Server, but it did have a rocky start. So there is no reason not to try a few things first. So let's suggest stuff, the worst thing that could happen is that they say no. Also for the sake of the person reading the feedback, please don't spam the doc with pure shit.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think Major brought it really well.

Thread cleaned up.
Further off-topic posts will be warned. Takes you passive aggresive messages to me and shitposting/memes somewhere else, this is not the place. Keep your "memes" in the off-topic section.

They are asking for help to improve a server, don't turn it into a shitfest.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes I know this is an Event Server, but it did have a rocky start. So there is no reason not to try a few things first. So let's suggest stuff, the worst thing that could happen is that they say no. Also for the sake of the person reading the feedback, please don't spam the doc with pure shit.
I think Major brought it really well.

Thread cleaned up.
Further off-topic posts will be warned. Takes you passive aggresive messages to me and shitposting/memes somewhere else, this is not the place. Keep your "memes" in the off-topic section.

They are asking for help to improve a server, don't turn it into a shitfest.
Solitude does not work as a server in a small community struggling to keep afloat such as this one. My suggestion to improve it is to remove it. This is a legitimate, on-topic argument as it is a suggestion clearly regarding Solitude and I'll be happy to explain it to you. I only hope that this post won't be deleted like my previous post was, which just stated the exact same thing without explaining it.

Minecraft has lost its momentum and we realised that over a year ago. We had this massive overhaul and all, and then at some point after the overhaul, we realised that even though we had tried other games and servers as well, we were still too focused on Minecraft. Meanwhile the community kept dwindling. Now, we realised the problem and had a bit of a discussion regarding it, and now, oh, look, we've had two more Minecraft servers launched and a third in the planning. What's more, the servers that were launched aren't unique and therefore can't stand above the usual rabble of SMPs, they aren't designed to have any specific end goal and therefore they get boring, and one of them is literally vanilla and the other bugged to hell, so far as I've heard, so they're not really that interesting on the technical side either.

And you know what? You're not going to get any players that way. Firstly, because Minecraft in general becomes harder to do with every passing day and secondly, even if we did want to keep our focus on Minecraft, we'd still have to provide something new, something unique, or at least something that could keep the players' attention. And I'm sorry, but Solitude is neither of those things. It's just yet another "hardcore" SMP with too many random features, too few players and no clear goals.

This is why TTT for example is so much more popular these days. This is why League of Legends is so popular. This is why CS:GO is so popular. They all set a clear goal for you to achieve as a player. Win the match, it's that simple. If Solitude had such a clear set goal as well, and would actually shut down once that goal is achieved or at least when no more players are interested in it, like an event server should, then this would all be fine and painless and we wouldn't have a thread popping up about the server struggling a week after release and then an identical one two weeks later, but for some reason the people in charge of Solitude have elected to keep it alive through artificial means and are only prolonging the process and making it more difficult for everyone else.

If it was just a server meant to be played by the members of the community when they feel like it, to be kept up regardless of the playercounts, that would be fine since as far as I've pieced together from bits and pieces, we have the necessary hardware to keep Solitude running as well. But this is clearly not the case here as we're still being asked for more suggestions, even when you have over a page of them from the previous thread.

Oh, and if you're planning to spring the "you don't respect the amount of work others have put into Solitude and you haven't done anything yourself, so you have no right to say shit about it" argument on me, then I respectfully disagree. I respect the amount of work very much. I just think that the same amount of work could be used in smarter ways in the future and honestly, just because I haven't done anything about it myself doesn't mean that I can't point out the areas where I think you're making mistakes, since a) you can take the opinion into account anyway and b) one of the reasons I haven't put work into it myself is because I think it's a mistake and I'd rather avoid making the mistakes people around me are already doing, as it leaves me less time to actually do things that I want to do and think could benefit the community as well.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
you write too much pls use short words and simple sentences
TL;DR
Our community isn't capable to compete with 10 000 servers - 1% of most popular servers are hogging 99% of all players.
At least we outlived all other communities rooted in classic Minecraft - we could die long ago, if not investment in minigame servers, like AoD, RoF, A&T or TNT.
SMPS aren't properly working, if we are talking about living for years, and having over 50 players all time - to make attractive server you would have to introduce donation perks (vanity items only since new EULA), so people could pay for dedicated 24/7 dev team.
Biggest server communities have like 10 - 20 gamemodes, Solitude or SMP is only one of them.
Smallest communities have only single server and even fewer players than us, and they still work.

As for Solitude..... well we are too small for it.
Edit: I suggested it to remake it into fallout zombie vampire and werewolf survival.
This way there would be only 4 factions - humans versus enemies, who have different strengths and weakness.

Last edited: