So, what's the plan?

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com

Not sure what Lag has planned, but the above areas are pretty good locations for things, #5 being the portal. The spawn is quite close at #2.

Is there a town already in progress somewhere? I took a stroll around and didn't see any signs of life.

Tyrx

Reaction score
LagWarrior said he was only temporary so nobody in Primus has really talked about plans for the future in depth.

Is there a town already in progress somewhere? I took a stroll around and didn't see any signs of life.
We're pretty much waiting for the staff to assign the new leader for Primus so he/she can decide on the building theme/city locations/leadership structure etc...

Name

Distinguished
Donor
Reaction score
When soul was the leader, he managed to collect resources. Its just a matter of collecting them now. Plus, where the chests are now is where there was going to be the town where one building is atm. It's a good space for land as it is flat.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
We would like the members of Primus to decide / vote themselves who their new main leader is going to be.

Also remember, a family can have multiple 'leaders' set in the plugin, to make administration, approval of new members, etc, easier.

@LISTINGS09 Indeed, that part of the map is awesome for projects. Soul collected very many resources Primus family members can already use.

Tyrx

Reaction score
We would like the members of Primus to decide / vote themselves who their new main leader is going to be.
If we were to create a nominations thread with polls enabled would you be able to track who exactly votes?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm a bit slow, but with Soul dismissed, what happens to his belongings on Primus lands? And theres a decent sized structure located underground right at 6. and the surface things+ the underground are what we have right now in terms of buildings...

Name

Distinguished
Donor
Reaction score
Indeed, he set up a mine and he managed to get a lot of resources which are all found at number 6.
So should we just expand what he started? Cause before the server was released, I tried to help him out by collecting a lot of wood logs.

I would either vote for Listings or Tyrx to be a leader for the group.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I suggested to soul before he was dismissed that he should start work on an underwater dome in the ocean near 235, with a port aboce it for any boats and glass rods going down from the port surface to the top of the dome to provide natural light.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Yeah we've quite a bit of ocean, so it would be a shame to waste it, might even get around to making a decent boat =)

Do we have a set theme across the board or let people pick whatever theme they want? @Malcovent did any of the family members get a brief or back-story other than what we can already read?

Our family is the oldest, so at the very least our main area should have a strong old-style theme (stone bricks/smoothstone/mossy?). I guess 'newer' towns can do what they want.

Our Gods altar is made of sandstone, is anyone good at making a decent sized sandstone temple? I'm not too strong with sandstone.

Finally, some kind of tax system? Like 64 shillings per week or something of equal value... Failure to pay means equal value is taken from your items, or something... It'll keep people voting/working/active, if you join the family, you've got to contribute something worthwhile.

Anyway, they're just some ideas...

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
With the taxing idea, i'm not too sure if i support that, there will be some members of the family like myself who will be working a lot on CMP, and will be trying their est to split the time 50/50. With buildings, a way to make them look older is to use steps and slabs to fake broken masonry. This works particularly well with Stone bricks :)

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I believe we have already started building Main Primus and this will be the main city. As far as I am aware aslong as you have permission you are allowed to build a house or whatnot in this area.

If you want to know where this is located pm me as I am not sure who can access this and who should know where it is.

I think we should keep building our Main Primus up and then eventually work on other smaller settlements around the outskirts of our space. This could be an ideal place for people to stay overnight while they are going other places.

I am not sure about transport but boats could definitely be one idea.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we should recreate Strike from CoD4 at one of those locations, to be quite honest, for one of the cities.

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
If any sort of area is to be set aside and designated as a temple/holy place/something else for the gods, I strongly suggest it be area #1.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
#1 will henceforth be know as 'Mount Primus' and is reserved for holy construction.

#6 and #5 will form the main city, we need a decent name for it, so get thinking!

I've updated the wiki, I'm happy for anyone to edit it, it shall also show off our larger builds and general awesomeness.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com

Draft plan for the capital, with optional walls. I'll create a new thread to vote the name in a sec. Not sure about the keep, but I'd be aiming for something that looked a little like the place on vamp server. If you don't like anything or have better plans, let me know!

I think most people wanted walls and it would at least limit the directions people could come from, we could even use some redstone trickery to keep bandits out...

Reactions: Name

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
As for the 'WTF' on the map, perhaps a lighthouse/lookout station? The area seems sutiable for it, with a touch of landscaping of course :p I have one question though, what types of buildings/things would be located at 'Industry'?

Also, I'm loving these graphics. c: I love the organization we have going on.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Might wanna revise the area near the reed farm, that part's going to be a large canyon by the weekend. Possibly optimized into a quarry of sorts.

L

Later_Gator

So, what's the theme? I want to start building a house! :)