SMP Server reset

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So, as promised. SMP is resetting to cover for a number of failures prior to this, the server will open tomorrow following the meeting so - if you want a head start, make sure to be on! However there has been a few changes to areas such as rules, such make sure to watch this brief slideshow to make sure that you're aware of them.

For those of you interested in the previous map,

Click here to download the map
Click here to see the old map as we left it (LARGE FILE - 41MB)

I hope to see you all on tomorrow, we also have a few exciting new staff announcements, as well as a few demotions and warnings. So make sure to turn up!

As per usual, the server IP is smp.blocktopia.net:25568

G

Guest35486

Malcovent, one word can describe the new SMP and the slideshow, "Awesome." :D

Super_Koray

Reaction score
Yeh :D nice slideshow. I am so curious about the rest of the Smp world !! what ooo what could there be !

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Quick question(s):

Raiding twice a day for each individual

Does that mean I(an individual) am allowed to raid twice a day(2 different places once, or one place two times) or am I allowed to raid each different base twice a day(with a few hours gap of course).

I am also very happy at the ban of mob spawner farms. But can we manually kill mobs at a spawner? As in, can we leave the spawner in the dark and use our swords to kill the spawned mobs without making a machine to lower their HP to 1/2 a heart, and without idling?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question(s):

Raiding twice a day for each individual

Does that mean I(an individual) am allowed to raid twice a day(2 different places once, or one place two times) or am I allowed to raid each different base twice a day(with a few hours gap of course).

I am also very happy at the ban of mob spawner farms. But can we manually kill mobs at a spawner? As in, can we leave the spawner in the dark and use our swords to kill the spawned mobs without making a machine to lower their HP to 1/2 a heart, and without idling?
Each individual base as an individual. And i'd personally rather you didn't, i think it still encourages the same issue we had just with a little more risk on the users behalf.

and, Ogarci -one of the dokucraft texture packs (probably light :p)

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I can announce that I shall be recreating megacity bastion, a supersize floating city 150 blocks in radius, free for all to call home when I've got at least the first section (seeing as the flooring of each floor takes about 5-8 days per level, and there's gonna hopefully be at least 6 levels.

Also, wouldn't it technically be something like v4.1 or something? We've been through so many servers.

Also also, noone can rustle the triumvulate.

• Love
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I can announce that I shall be recreating megacity bastion, a supersize floating city 150 blocks in radius, free for all to call home when I've got at least the first section (seeing as the flooring of each floor takes about 5-8 days per level, and there's gonna hopefully be at least 6 levels.

Also, wouldn't it technically be something like v4.1 or something? We've been through so many servers.

Also also, noone can rustle the triumvulate.
When its finished, I will make it my second home XD
And its SMP V5.1, or V6.1 if you count Solitude.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
As a note, neither Espons or Arcem is returning under my leadership. I'm having finals soon. After that I'm moving around a ton. I'll have time to be on the server, but not to manage a group of people. Sorry. However, you can ask me if you wish to form it under your own leadership. (people have to ask because I don't want anyone to besmirch Arcem's name)

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
This might be like, the stupidest question ever but what qualifies as "raiding"?
Whenever your surpass somone's entry and posses one of their items; that's raiding. When I go to pete's house and take his coal from his furnace without him wanting to it's raiding. If I kill Pete outside it does not qualify as raiding. If I kill him inside his house and pick up his stuff it qualifies as raiding, if I leave his place for around a minute of five and return to initiate another raid it's a new raid and I can not do another one. Leaving and coming back counts as a new raid.

(I might be wrong)

• Informative
Reactions: ginbird