SMP Hype

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
I know I have been checking the Forums every day hoping to see something about the next smp, lets talk about what we want to see in the next smp. Please try to keep the PvP/NoPvP arguments to a minimum.​

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Whoa. Deja vu.

But seriously, since 1.8 is so far away, any plans for a 1.7 mini-SMP to bridge the gap? I can get a texture pack to make Gravel to look like Granite and it'll all be OK.
I wouldn't mind some more event servers to pass the time, as well. Maybe another modded server, perhaps..? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I will say I would like to see something a lot like JtE. Speaking of which, does any of the Directors know when it is coming out?
If you wonder when it is up, we will not be able to start setting up the server itself before we have 1.8, so it may take a long while.

But discussion is good =)
hi

Knight365

Reaction score
Not sure if it has been thought of or suggested, but could we maybe try to revert to something simple and plain, like the 'ole 1.7.3 beta SMP server? I feel like the popularity and enjoyment of a server could be based off of its nostalgia factor and simplicity. Also, if I recall correctly, that simple 1.7.3 SMP server was one of the most popular servers alongside Primordia.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been thought of or suggested, but could we maybe try to revert to something simple and plain, like the 'ole 1.7.3 beta SMP server? I feel like the popularity and enjoyment of a server could be based off of its nostalgia factor and simplicity. Also, if I recall correctly, that simple 1.7.3 SMP server was one of the most popular servers alongside Primordia.
So basicly just a vanilla server with grief protection, or?

Knight365

Reaction score
So basicly just a vanilla server with grief protection, or?
With a few other plug-ins for convenience and an economic system, basically. I remember in the old SMP, we pretty much only had some basic commands like /home. I also remember we had functioning signs that would make bridges, gates and what-not. Players formed their own alliances on their own time, and everything was really simple. Having a great looking spawn with shops was great, too. I get excited just thinking about the old SMP.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
With a few other plug-ins for convenience and an economic system, basically. I remember in the old SMP, we pretty much only had some basic commands like /home. I also remember we had functioning signs that would make bridges, gates and what-not. Players formed their own alliances on their own time, and everything was really simple. Having a great looking spawn with shops was great, too. I get excited just thinking about the old SMP.
You are already starting to talk about adding economy here, what would be the difference between this and DoD, excluding the villages of course.