Survival SMP Feedback Form - We need your help!

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I think the survey results of having a JtE like server with pvp everywhere besides safe zones is a good start. Having lots of content on release will be the telling sign if the server will work out though. Hopefully there are enough solid features added in to cater to playerbase in at least 1 or 2 areas where the server is worth trying out. (Dungeons were one of the things that seemed to be popular for JtE so maybe try to bring that back.)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
My two cents in the matter:
The reason servers like Hypixel bring in a lot of players is not JUST because it's all mini-games that appeal to kids, but because of THE QUALITY of said games. Custom textures, good scripts, etc. If we are to make a good SMP, we need to stop getting so comfy with vanilla Minecraft, and start adding new elements, objects and decor that can't be found in vanilla--items and stories people are so lazy to even bother installing on their own that they feel forced to come to your server instead!.

The "YOU NEED US/OUR PRODUCT" catch always works best!
When you go to a store because you ran out of milk, you go there because you need it and you can't make milk at home because you don't have a cow (and if you're lucky to own one, it's probably miles away) The problem we have as a community is that we have spent the past few years trying to sell milk to farmers. Maybe give them some f*cking tech and I bet you'll get your cash?

TL;DR - If people already own vanilla minecraft with vanilla items, why the hell would they come to you? Offer things they can't replicate in singleplayer/realms/private-servers/or most servers. Offer them the hard work they don't wanna put in. It's a consumerist society y'all. (Make em' donate for ranks/power ups/etc (eventually that is)
I think playtime has a hand in this also. People may prefer fast paced games and probably don't have the time or attention span to play a 10 or 30 minute game -- I'm referring to RoF and AoD here -- and I guess that's why people tend to get bored of the servers over time.

Also, we're lucky enough to have three dedicated developers on here, SirC, Tnm, and CompGuy, who don't get paid (i think). So i'm sure getting up to Hypixel standards will take tons of time and effort.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm not saying we get to their standards-- that's like a mom n' pop shop trying to be Walmart. But these are elements they use, that we too could bring in to help freshen up this old place lol.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
(Sorry for Double post)
[BCOLOR=#808080]Here's a few ideas that might work nicely:[/BCOLOR]

• Bring in custom objects that tie us up to the lore/story.
  • We always go for medieval, how about something set in the future? Make it all futuristic! Space battles anyone? Make swords look like light sabers or ray guns! Give us bullets, spice up the armor to look like space suits-- you get the idea. You'll probably find some nice scripts and resource packs out there. Something simpler might even be a post-apocalyptic era here on earth, without the space stuff. Destroyed buildings, ghost towns etc. :)
  • Make a rich story! Make the world believable by bringing in politics between clans. Meetings that will happen in a set meeting room with a dedicated politics channel, for clan leaders to make or break peace and set out laws. Writers in our community? This is where you come in. Come up with the good sauce :)
  • Add a place where people can 1-vs-1, throw parties, events... whatever. Maybe one big battle-till-death once a week with prices and stuff would be great. Even better if they get recorded to use as Youtube vids.
  • YOUTUBE- PROMO PROMO PROMO! Make as many videos as possible, don't leave everything to staff! If any of us players can record and promote, that's great! Do your part because the initial hype is only 1/3 of the battle. Help us keep the hype alive for new comers. Best days to record are during the initial weeks because people are literally sheep. If others see a server is full of people, more people will come. It's the catch-22 of life.
  • Back to battles: WAR! Instead of just fighting to raid each other's clans, we should agree to have full fledged battles in an open field! (Not always) But say our leaders have a big disagreement during one of the meetings, we go to war the proper way lads. It's so much fun tho, think about it. Winners keep all the armor and items they get from their kill. For that matter, there should probably be a "no-raid for a full 24 hours after a battle" global law. That way the losing side can up their defenses for the next chapter in our story.
  • JAIL- people who break the law must go to jail. A legit room where they just spawn and stay there till they earn the right to leave. A couple of hours in Jail should do it. Repeat offenders can just get kicked, or banned, that's up to staff.
  • Last but not least, all the other ideas people have voted for like quests,dungeons and npcs should spicen everything up. So do bring that in :)