Slenderman Complaint + Builder TP Perms

Should Builders get perms for /tp or not?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am here to complain about how rude Slenderman2435 was to me.

The story all started by Slenderman asking "How to delete blocks with WE".

Me, being a kind and helpful person, teleported to Slender and was going to help him try and delete blocks with WE, when he rudely butted in, saying "Please go away Urosevic2001", quickly followed by "Go!" and "Now!". I think this personally Is unacceptable behaviour for a builder. After I had teleported back to my plot, I said "Slender, you are being quite rude", just to let him know that he might not have realised he was being rude. This all changed when he said "I don't care Urosevic2001". Another rude thing that Slenderman did is that after I teleported to my plot is said that I prefer to be called a different name and he said "I don't want to call you uro". And after that I used the very handy /ignore command. And that is the end of my side of the story, I don't know anything that Slender said after this because he was muted from my perspective.

Now, the second part to solve possibly a few peoples problems is to change the permissions for the /teleport command. Currently, Players cannot use this command but Builders can. I personally think that some of the operators should consider changing the /teleport command to Adv Builder+, so that Builders do not get angry at eachother for teleporting for help.

I hope my side of the story considers operators of BB (Buildbox) to change the TP perms.
Thanks!
Uro :-)

PS. I have a screenshot but do not have the Image's URL.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Firstly, if you want to report someone, PM an Operator about it, not make an actual thread about it. Yes, he was being quite rude at the moment according to what you say, and being rather foolish, since he just asked for help. This still isn't really good enough a reason to report someone. Also, post the picture so that there's some actual proof on this please. Secondly, there's a command for people who don't want others to come into their plot. This isn't a very good reason for ./tp to be moved to Adv. Lastly, if you're making a suggestion thread like this, please refrain from making polls.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Pretty much what Natsu said - if you have an issue with a player, deal with it via a private conversation, ideally with myself and Damer. As for the /tp issue, we've discussed changing permissions for it a bit (by the way, the operators don't change permissions - though they may have a say in what is changed, Admins change them), there won't be any /tp perm changes at this time.

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice Natsu + Nill. If I see Slender on again, I will try to just run through what happened with him politely. And, don't mind if I ask, does anybody know a website why I can turn the screenshot into a URL to help give evidence to my side?
Thanks!
Uro :-)

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice Natsu + Nill. If I see Slender on again, I will try to just run through what happened with him politely. And, don't mind if I ask, does anybody know a website why I can turn the screenshot into a URL to help give evidence to my side?
Thanks!
Uro :)
I would suggest using imgur, since it's one of the easiest sites for posting pictures. If you don't know how, PM me and I'll tell you personally.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
I know I can't comment here, but me and slend were working on something secret, so yeah we wanted no one to know
Shocker, if Slenderman was working on something secret, why did he ask for help with WorldEdit? It's only common sense for a person to TP to the other when he/she asks for help.

Shocker

Reaction score
I know I can't comment here, but me and slend were working on something secret, so yeah we wanted no one to know
Shocker, if Slenderman was working on something secret, why did he ask for help with WorldEdit? It's only common sense for a person to TP to the other when he/she asks for help.
He said "Can you help me with WE theWeakGuy" He asked weak because he was helping us with our project.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
He said "Can you help me with WE theWeakGuy" He asked weak because he was helping us with our project.
I'm not going to take any action until some proof has been released. Urosevic2001 , how are those pictures coming?

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
So, I looked at the logs.
Code:
18:15:00 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: how do i remove dirt using worl edit
18:15:09 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: theWeakGuy48
18:15:11 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: come help me
18:15:23 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: come help me theWeakGuy48
18:15:36 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: what you need help with
18:15:37 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: how do i remove all this dirt block here
18:15:43 [INFO] Urosevic2001 issued server command: /tp Slenderman2435
18:15:47 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: the grass block?
18:15:53 [INFO] theWeakGuy48 issued server command: //set 0
18:15:57 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: .//set 0
18:15:59 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: how did oyu do that
18:16:01 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: oh ok
18:16:03 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: WE
18:16:04 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: .//set 0
18:16:11 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: or //replace grass 0
18:16:16 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: ^^
18:16:23 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: please lave
18:16:26 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: leave Urosevic2001
18:16:30 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: ok
18:16:33 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: call me uro
18:16:34 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: go
18:16:36 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: please
18:16:40 [INFO] Urosevic2001 issued server command: /plotme home
18:16:41 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: now
18:16:44 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: :(
18:16:59 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 1. didnt call me uro
18:17:07 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 2. asked me to leave quite demandingly
18:17:14 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 3. didnt say please/thanks
18:17:33 [INFO] [Builder] Slenderman2435: i dont really care Urosevic2001
18:17:47 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: ok
18:17:55 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: for that slender i am going to report you
18:18:14 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: uro
18:18:18 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: lucky i took a screenshot
18:18:19 [INFO] [Player] Shocker6666: What did slender do wrong?
18:18:20 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: yes weak?
18:18:22 [INFO] [Builder] theWeakGuy48: why you going to report slendy?
18:18:35 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 1. was being rude to me
18:18:42 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 2. said he didnt care
18:18:55 [INFO] [Builder] Urosevic2001: 3. asked me to leave his plot for no reason
And now here we are. I'm going to outline my thoughts on this, and will do so publicly, so as to clear this commotion.
  • Slenderman wasn't talking to you to begin with. I understand your desire to help, but if the matter doesn't involve you, and someone else is asked for assistance from instead of you, it's best not to butt in.
  • When Slenderman asked you to leave, in no way was he rude or demanding, especially to start with - he even prefaced it with "please", obviously in an attempt to be courteous.
  • So he called you Urosevic2001 instead of Uro - so what? By using your full username there was no question to whom he was directing his statement, and if you have a personal pet peeve to people calling you by your full username, it would have been better to inform him of this politely after leaving his plot, not before.
  • Slender was in no way required to thank you; his original question wasn't directed to you anyway!
  • There is no need to report someone who "doesn't care" - everyone on the server, Slenderman included, is welcome to his/her own opinion.
  • There shouldn't (and doesn't) need to be a reason for asking someone to leave your plot. The plot and the buildings on it are of his own creation, and if he doesn't want you to be there, you need to respect that and leave immediately.
I'm closing this thread as it serves no purpose but to witch-hunt someone who simply wanted his privacy while building a map. Anyone still concerned with this issue may send a private message to myself and Damer_Flinn, and we will discuss it further at that point. Until then, thread closed.

Reactions: MikeTang
Status
Not open for further replies.