Declined /Skip

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
While I think this would be a good addition, I can't help but feel this would be abused so that players can continuously skip till they get their favorite maps, which would hinder the game-play for others who maybe do not wish to skip the maps.

• Agree
Reactions: S_swimmer

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
While I think this would be a good addition, I can't help but feel this would be abused so that players can continuously skip till they get their favorite maps, which would hinder the game-play for others who maybe do not wish to skip the maps.
In that case, I'd say increase the percentage to above 75%. You can't really argue with a 3/4 majority. If you wanted to, even 100% of users could still be utilised. If people want to skip to their favourite maps, why not add a /nominate command like on RoF? :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mastersten

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
idk man, i really think that sometimes the fun of AoD is sucking it up and taking what you get

however not many others seem to recognize this and leave so this may need to be implemented at some point, but I'd say at least 80%

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
- Most maps that are really disliked will be removed when the voting results come in.
- The variety of gamemodes and maps strengthen other gamemodes&maps. If you only play all the good maps they will get less fun.
- Players can get pushed/bullied into voting to skip a round when some people don't like it.
- If you need 100% to /skip it's unrealistic that it will help. If it's less it can be used to troll someone or a map can get skipped that one person may like.

I understand that there are some maps out there that many people don't want to play and perhaps a third, possibly random, option can help with it for now but a /skip commands has too many disadvantages.

When some maps get removed and if changes to gamemodes are here I think this will be less of a problem anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
- Most maps that are really disliked will be removed when the voting results come in.
- The variety of gamemodes and maps strengthen other gamemodes&maps. If you only play all the good maps they will get less fun.
- Players can get pushed/bullied into voting to skip a round when some people don't like it.
- If you need 100% to /skip it's unrealistic that it will help. If it's less it can be used to troll someone or a map can get skipped that one person may like.

I understand that there are some maps out there that many people don't want to play and perhaps a third, possibly random, option can help with it for now but a /skip commands has too many disadvantages.

When some maps get removed and if changes to gamemodes are here I think this will be less of a problem anyway.
basically this

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: Friendy and Comp

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
I totally agree with what Friendy, Vat ( I don't know if i should even count this but masters) say.
The /skip command can get abused, because generally players dont like maps they are not good at, and skipping all the maps you dislike will take away the thrill of map voting and might ruin experiances for players. The /skip command will probably get over used and turn into something that might even be used to skip gamemodes in general. Also the /nominate is a pretty bad idea sirC because some disliked gamemodes might rarely be played. I say we leave the voting system like this, its pretty much the fairest thing we can do.

Iggish

Reaction score
I totally agree with what Friendy, Vat ( I don't know if i should even count this but masters) say.
The /skip command can get abused, because generally players dont like maps they are not good at, and skipping all the maps you dislike will take away the thrill of map voting and might ruin experiances for players. The /skip command will probably get over used and turn into something that might even be used to skip gamemodes in general. Also the /nominate is a pretty bad idea sirC because some disliked gamemodes might rarely be played. I say we leave the voting system like this, its pretty much the fairest thing we can do.
Or we could add a 3rd vote option? Please make this a thing! Two swift maps on at the same time is just painful! :p

• Haha
Reactions: Friendy

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Since my agreement with vat isnt taken seriously:
I think its not needed, people are easy to convince/force to vote causing only a few maps being played constantly. If there is a map much people dont want to play, a staff member can always call a vote for skipping the map.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
A 3rd option is probably the best idea in the long run, I can see the /skip option being overused, but useful now however in the future I can see it becoming something that is heavily relied upon due to people not liking certain maps and gamemodes.

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Or we could add a 3rd vote option? Please make this a thing! Two swift maps on at the same time is just painful! :p
3 Swift maps. =^), which is a real problem.

Anyway, I don't necessarily see how an anonymous vote can force people into voting, although it is a valid reason. If it is a high %, then it is still worth it if a Map's disliked. Maybe specific maps could have a skip option, for example, those like "ThermalAnarchy."

Also, maybe it is feasible I there is a low player count in order to encourage people to play rather than wait out a timer.

Last edited:

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Honestly I think that how it is right now is fine (although having a 3rd option is also a very good idea)
With the new map voting we should hopefully remove not liked maps and this will become less of a problem. Also Psycho's idea is pretty good, however there are many overlords who don't know that to do with their orbs.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Honestly I think that how it is right now is fine (although having a 3rd option is also a very good idea)
With the new map voting we should hopefully remove not liked maps and this will become less of a problem. Also Psycho's idea is pretty good, however there are many overlords who don't know that to do with their orbs.
Agreed. There are people who do have an abundance of orbs at their dispense so this would be an issue, however there is a fix in the works.

Iggish

Reaction score
I only have like 8k orbs left :(, I gave them all away or bought overpriced stuff in the shops. *AHEM* 250 orbs for shears *AHEM* more expensive than an OP up-tower *AHEM*

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
We've decided not to go with a /skip command because it has too many problems and is not a proper fix.

However, for now there will be 3 voting options which will hopefully make things a lot better. With some maps getting removed I think nearly every round will be fun.

Declined.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and Iggish