Sid Meier's Civilization V

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sid Meier's Civilization V (also known as Civilization 5, Civ 5 or CiV) is a turn-based, 4X computer game developed by Firaxis Games, released on Microsoft Windows in September 2010 and on OS X on November 23, 2010.

In Civilization V, the player leads a civilization from prehistoric times into the future on a procedurally-generated map, achieving one of a number of different victory conditions through research, exploration, diplomacy, expansion, economic development, government and military conquest. The game is based on an entirely new game engine with hexagonal tiles instead of the square tiles of earlier games in the series.

Click here for more information.

I got the game recently and am looking for people to play it with. Add me on steam: Jolteon42 if you wish to play.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Eep I only play on settler XD

I just won my first game (ever) as Greece. A little word of warning:

Don't take over more than 1 citystate unless you want everyone to periodically denounce you and be really pissed at you.

(And science is your most important thing imo, without it you don't get to Modern/Future era while everyone else is still in Late Medieval/Early Industrial, and then you use Stealth Bombers and Giant Robot(s) of Death to wreak havoc on your enemies (China and accidentally Arabia for me)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Great game, I've logged over 100 hours on it. My favorite parts are attacking those city states. In previous games I didn't like attacking civilizations, but city-states are easier to conquer provided you know what you're doing. (Don't do it too much or the enemies get mad)

Brave New World, an expansion pack has been released recently. I'm thinking of getting that as well.

Although to be perfectly honest I'm not exactly the best person for finishing games of civilization. xD

nitasu987

Reaction score
I really wanna get BnW, mostly for the civs :D I don't have G/K... I sorta want it (Also cuz Pacal/Boudicca :D :D and Austria's OP power)

The civs I can't wait to play as in BnW are ... All of them minus Portugal... Why they replace Joao ;-;

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
AvantGarde and I spent the day playing this.

It is good.

So very good.
Especially desert Russians with pyramids. Hilarity ensues!
Omg more people.
It feels like we really need to get a game together with everyone now. \o/
It would be amazing with so many people. o3o

(Also, we Dutchmen have beautiful legs and pantaloons, no?)

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Yeah it would be awesome toget a huge gigantic game going although it would be hard since I doubt we would finish it fast enough and if we dont the timezones would be a pain to work out for everyone

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Got this game a couple of days ago. No regrets.
Currently playing as Greece at around 1500 AD.
I'm all in for a massive multiplayer game!
But rule 1: Please no storming straight away ;_;
Other than that it would be nice to have around 10 people in the game!

Evershed

Reaction score
I've been playing a lot of Civ 5 recently. I just got Brave New World and I'm down to play a huge game or anything. My steam account is called EverTheWareHouse

Fatalis

Reaction score
I seem to always end up doing the same thing:

Having a relatively small army until some random country declares war on me and begins to advance on my capital. Then I suddenly manage to push them back and overtake them.

Also, trade routes are amazing additions.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I played a game of Civ with JKangaroo yesterday. We made it to around 200 turns before I had to go to bed. We'll most likely finish it later, but here are some screenshots from our game. Since JK doesn't have Brave New World expansion yet, we're playing Gods & Kings.

I would never get the chance to build The Great Library, as JK is a Wonder Whore :(
JK saw the army drawing in close, and requested for Spainish aid! Though as evidenced by my one archer, I did not have much to spare :(
The Allied forces won the war! The Ottomans were wiped off the map, and in celebration of our Union, our workers worked to contruct the Mighty Fine Road, to link our two civilizations.
Due to a Defensive pact, I got dragged into a war when China declared war on JK's civilization. I had little involvement, and JK had already made peace at this point, but as evidenced by chat in the top right, China was trying to get the most out of me!
Peace was made with China (Without giving up Barcelona :D ). I have met all the civilizations of the world, and Carthage has made a city right next door to me. I'm expecting a war soon D:

Reactions: JKangaroo

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I love Civ V, My favorite game was when I was wiping out the French and I destroyed them to all but one city and I couldn't get to them cause the city entrance squares was only 2 and they kept killing my troops and so by the time I got the city, I had lost about 5 tanks but at least I won :S and also my steam name is alvinf999 if anyone wants to play with me sometime. :)

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Alright, so there are plans for a big multiplayer civ game. So far, here is our member list:

1. DKnucklehead​
2. Thymos
4. Biblius
5. Evershed
6. balloon98
7. Malcovent
These people I have contacted prior to this post, so they'll have priority of if they want to attend.​
I'm looking for about EDIT: ONE more player to make a total of 8. We'll be playing Gods and Kings, as 2/4 of them don't have Brave New World yet, but if this works out well maybe we'll play one with Brave New World. The time and date will be :​
Saturday, November 16th, 1:00 PM (EST) (If the DoD server release sneaks up, then this will be moved to another date). The difficult thing is that we're straddling between two extreme timezones with JKangaroo in Hawaii running 5 hours behind this time, and Malc 5 hours ahead, so there might no be much wiggle room to account for a potential multi-hour game. But feel free to suggest a different time.​