Shop discounts

tyukmn

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been suggested in the past.... I think it would be a fun idea to have some type of sale on shop items every once in a while. It would encourage people to buy/use more of that particular item at that particular time. Wouldn't it be nice to have cheap sponges one week, to encourage expanding homes after flooding or larger spawn homes. Or maybe a sale on stone/nether bricks which would encourage larger angry round homes.

Some body suggested we could discount a different item every week, which I think is a great idea. Make this item completely randomized from all the items in the shops, meaning it could be good or completely useless to buy. The new item could be announced at weekly meetings or just with a sign in the lobby. ...As a side thought; to remove rankist discounts the item could be available to everyone, posted somewhere publicly within the lobby. Which may give lower ranks the instant ability to purchase a diamond or gm item for that one week.

But carrying on....
Any variation of some temporary item discount in the shops would be a fun addition to RoF. Whether it be 25%, 50% or 75% off doesn't matter. Overall it would be something else to be excited for every week or whenever. If you are interested in the idea of shop discounts please post a reply or alternate suggestion below.

Thanks for reading.​

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure if I like it or not. If it would be to give players the opportunity to buy some other items they don't have access to could be interesting. I don't think that if this is put in, that anything diamond should be available, same goes with the juggernaut armour, as well as the other armour (in the grandmaster store) because for new players, that could be somewhat easily abused. Items are increased in availability to players on their rank because it shows more trust that a Grandmaster won't abuse an item to what a player who has just joined.

That was most likely just a load on nonsense that makes no sense at all. Ask me to clrify on anything if need be

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I really like this idea. It's very simple to do and it doesn't hurt much. There were always those times that I put some not-sold-in-any-other-shop items in the arena when we'd occasionally do Last Man Standing and they sold pretty nicely.