Sethbling / FVDisco: 'Pirates'

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody has reviewed this map yet, here I go.

What this map does well:
I think it will be loads of shenanigans and fun, it doesn't really need a ref as long as the spawns are fixed. I've played this before and it is indeed loads of fun.

What this map doesn't do so well:
I think there needs to be spawns built in the map otherwise people will keep spawning in one boat/the air. Other than I see nothing wrong with it.

Should this map be accepted?
Yes

Extra Comments:
Thanks for suggesting the map, I'm sure it will fit on the server.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
What this map does well:
Fun, excitment, and not stressful at all. Sure there can be pirates that try to jump on board, but it'll be a race for the TNT! :D
Sounds like a lot of fun to host and play.

Just need to create a spawn in the server before releasing it, but that won't be hard at all.
Should already have been. Yes.

Extra Comments:
WHEN WILL THIS BE ADDED.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
What this map does well:
It's very creative, and much better looking then our current pirate/cannons/ship map named Gunships. The cannons also work better.

I don't think this map would do great in A&T for a number of reasons without major changes. There is no lobby, no place to choose teams and re-spawn and such. I also don't think there's many weapons like armor/swords/bows, and even if there were some, the boats are so far apart I doubt you could actually use them. I feel that this map is focused too much on the cannons, and this makes it have no set way of winning a battle. I guess it would be fun as a random map to do, but as a organized map for a large amount of players to play I don't think it would do great.

No

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
What this map does well:
It's a good looking map, you can see they spend some time in making that. Easy cannon load system and some good looks on the ships!

We already have a gunship map. This would just be the same. It might look better but I don't see any lobby, spawn area or place to assemble (didn't they show it in the map video?). I'm also re-making our current gunship map because the one we have now is too vague. This could mean we have 3 gunship maps, not very original in my opinion.

Neutral vote. I want to know what all the other ops think

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The map is somewhat a-like Gunships, but it looks so much better and has a new style to battle ships, The Cannon loader looks very easy to load which'll help for destroying their ship.

Downloaded the map and thought Oh wow this looks quite cool, I then found out every chest filled with TNT, No way to actually board each-others ship and there is no 'hidden' goodies that Disco claims to have added, All in all the game-play wouldn't be too great, not only that but there is no spawn or any team deciding platforms etc.

No

Extra Comments:
Unless this map was heavily edited, it wouldn't be a good one for A&T.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this map did not fit the requirements for the server and thus, this submission has been Declined.
We felt that a Denial was necessary because:
  • We already have a very similair map on the server that does most important features slightly better
  • It's very fancy and has some nice technology, but it won't play too well (as mentioned above)

However, we still thank you for taking an interest in the server and submitting/suggesting a map!