Server Messages

gettinthere

Reaction score
Well, it's been a long time since I was on Lava. Anyhow, I've been thinking. The server messages are a bit repetitive, but are necessary for the new folks.
So let's get some math done so this suggestion makes sense.

Let's say you just joined Blocktopia Lava server, as a Guest. Getting new ranks are costly but are worth it for the commands accessible when bought. We also know that getting Crafter is 20 cookies, Builder is 120, Advanced Builder is 400, and Master is 600 cookies. So let's say we (this is just a scenario) get 5 cookies for every round and every round was 30 minutes. Adding the total of getting these ranks is 1140 cookies. Let's also assume you don't spend money on any other things. So basic math, 1140 divided up into 5 would be 228 rounds. If every round was 30 minutes, then that would be a total of 6480 minutes spent on Lava. That would mean 114 hours played. (Also, I'm leaving out super cookies because the math would be complicated due to the bonuses of playing consecutive rounds)
Playing 45 rounds would be 22.5 hours. 45 rounds can get you Master rank. (Rounds played wise)

So what is the idea?
The idea of this suggestion is that the server messages don't show up when you have played for 24 hours. I'm sure most folks can agree that they know what to do on Lava when they have played for 24 hours.

What server messages would stay?
I'd say that the server messages of people being kicked, people joining the IRC channels, people being banned, IP's being banned, the poeple who win cookies for that round, when does the lava/water start, the amount of normal/super cookies you have gotten for that round, creature things, and (of the such) stays.

But wouldn't this make the server lag?
I'm not sure. You should ask the Dev's that.

How would the server know you've played for 24 hours?
If there's a command for checking your time spent online, then I'm sure the server would know how long you have played.

Is this implementable?
Do I look like a coder/developer?

Reaction score
Well, gettin, lets see

1) Sorry, but i don't agree, there a lot of players with higher ranks... that still doesn't know all the ommands, like, to see your balance, when the lava/water starts... not even the rules.

2) We have /timeonline command, but it's not very effiient, since it's permission is Master+

3) I'm pretty sure it's possible

4) It would be easier, to add a ommand like /messages [hide/show], then, eah player would do what it want

gettinthere

Reaction score
I feel like scrapping the time spent idea.

Your option seems a better than mine, having a command to ignore the messages sent out by LavaGod.
Maybe the command could be
Code:
/smessages [on/off]
Also, by the server messages, I mean the ones in between rounds.
The ones that stay is "You have won X cookies, and X super cookies this round", "People who won cookies: X", "Lava starts at X", "Lava has started flowing", "X won the lottery, (s)he won X cookies", "X has been kicked: X reason", "X has been banned: X reason", "IP X has been banned", "/say X message", "X has joined the fray.", "X has left the fray", "Server restarting at X"....... and you get the messages.

It's just the messages that say "Be sure to do X", "Join X", and of the such.