[September 28] Sploorky's Trusted application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sploorky

Reaction score
  • In-Game Name: Sploorky
  • What, if any, are the names of your alts:
  • Which server you are applying for: [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival
  • The Timezone you are in: GMT -5, which is EST.
  • Your age: Fifteen
  • How long have you been playing on the zombie server? I first joined the server on October 17th. I didn't play much from that time until now, only getting around 40 hours from October to September. Recently, I've become much more active, having about 10 hours a week, at a minimum. My current time online is 65.5 hours.
  • Have you held a staff position on any other of Blocktopia's servers? Yes, I am a current Lava Survival and Adventure & Tournaments staff member. I have held a staff position in lava for 9 and a half months, and I've been a Veteran Operator(This is the rank I currently hold) there for almost 7 months. As for A&T, I've held a staff position there for 3 months. The rank I currently hold on A&T is Supervisor(This is a VetOp rank of sorts), which I've had for about a month.
  • Should you get approved, what will you actively do? I will actively try my best to make the server more enjoyable for everybody, and to assist the staff members whenever possible. I will generally be a friendly person, attempting to create a good atmosphere in the server. I will moderate the chat when need be, and deal with problems such as unreachable players, people who pillar, and other various rule breakers. I will also strive to answer the questions of new and returning players.
  • If a staff member is acting up, and/or abusing what will you do? The first thing I would do is gather evidence. Text logs are very easy to obtain, seeing as I use both World of Minecraft and IRC, so I will be able to acquire these without any trouble. If possible, I would attempt to take a screenshot of the incident of abuse. Once I have my evidence, I would private message it to head staff. If it's a minor abuse of power, I would send it to a controller. If it was a higher case of power abuse, or if the controller was the one abusing the power given to them, I would send the evidence to a Zombie Director. On the chance a Zombie Director was abusing their powers, I would PM an Administrator.
  • Why do you deserve the position of Trusted? Well, my previous staff experience is one thing that sets me apart from other applicants. Now, I'm not saying staffing one server will make you good at staffing another server. Zombie and Lava are as different as night and day. What I do believe is that there is a general...basis to staffing. I know how to deal with other people well, and I feel I can accurately decide how to handle certain situations. For example, oftentimes I try to relate to the player that broke the rules. I don't want them to be scared or think “Oh no, I'm going to be banned”. I simply want to explain to them what they did wrong, and ask they don't do it again. Other times, I need to be more harsh(not in the case of player disrespect, of course). Also, I think I'm generally a fun person to be around. This may not be so evident on the server at the time, as I'm a somewhat shy person, and it takes me a while to warm up to people. However, I feel I will soon become that comfortable on the server as I do in other places, like lava or teamspeak. Furthermore, I believe I have good grammar, which I feel is important for a staff member, as it makes you seem more of a figure of authority, and I've had prior experience with classic commands. Lastly, I feel I understand what is expected of me from the rank of trusted, and I will always try to treat players with a high sense of respect, no matter what they do or my personal feelings towards them.
  • What will you represent as a staff member/How will you do your job? I will represent the simple desire to have fun. I will always try to make sure everybody on the server is having as great a time as they can, and that they fully understand everything they want to know about the game. If there are players that attempt to disrupt the fun in any way, be it through text or through their actions, I would do my best to set them straight and make sure they don't break the rules again. I would complete these duties not just with the moderation commands given to me, but with my words and a discussion in some situations.
  • Which staff members have referenced you/ told you directly that they want you to apply for Trusted?: kraby1, M_B_H, OvionyEldin, Snowma, and Txboy1234 have all agreed to reference me.
  • Signed: Sploorky

Status
Not open for further replies.