Seeing who's in Ironman Mode.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
So, I went on the RoF server the other day and saw someone asking if another player was in "Ironman". Then I thought how it would be neat if players were given an Ironman head when they activated "Ironman Mode". So when a player is walking around, they'd see someone wearing an Ironman head to show that they were in that mode.

LordJ mentioned how it would be hard to implement if the person is wearing a helmet/head and then FreakyCupcake came up with the idea that the player's helmet/head would be changed into an Ironman helmet.

And then there are other options if an Ironman head isn't possible:

Players who have Ironman mode activated would have an [ I ] by their name in chat.
  • The con for this is that players would be required to be talking so other players can see that they're in ironman mode. Then you may say, why not just ask the player if they're in Ironman mode?
There could be an asterisk by their name in the Tab player list.
  • I don't know if that's possible.
Players in Ironman Mode can have the color of their name changed in Tab to red.
  • I've seen this done before-- also, AoD has a similar thing where hunters are red in tab.
Rainbows/Particles coming out of them when people see them.
  • This would be interesting to see.
Then FreakyCupcake came up with the idea of giving them Ironman Capes.
  • But everyone knows that Ironman doesn't wear a cape-- So, I don't know what she was thinking...

Overall, I see this suggestion as covering convenience and fun depending on which option would be chosen. But, is it necessary? Maybe, maybe not? Anyone could just simply ask the player if they're in Ironman mode or not. Then again, it would be convenient to just press Tab and see who's in the mode or it would be fun to see a player wearing an Ironman helmet with particles coming out of them. What do you guys think?

W

Wimali

I think this is definitely a good idea. I often wonder who's in ironman, especially when I'm in a house and accidently broke a block- It would be useful to not have to ask "uh anyone not in ironman plz" or similar. I dislike the particles idea, but I'd love to see the [ I ] thing in chat and asterisk in the tab list. The cape doesn't sound like a good idea to me either. Except for that, this should get added in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like the idea. Coolio's right to an extent about the hunger particles, but many players play with particles reduced or minimal to reduce lag, myself included.

The [ I ] in chat would be great, but I think instead of an asterisk in the tablist, just another [ I ] before their name would be better in my opinion ^-^[/I]

EDIT: What's with the random italics? I noticed the same thing in Wimali's and now mine...What's going on? ;-;

EDITEDIT: I just realized that I entered the BB code for italics when trying to actually type it...Go me.

Last edited:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
What about a command to see who is in ironman?

/ironman list 1,2,3, etc
==Players in Ironman Mode==
Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, etc

Perhaps a tip with it too:
[Tip] Not sure if it's safe to enter someone's house when you have their permission? Check /ironman list

Or along those lines

W

Wimali

What about a command to see who is in ironman?

/ironman list 1,2,3, etc
Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, etc

Perhaps a tip with it too:
[Tip] Not sure if it's safe to enter someone's house when you have their permission? Check /ironman list

Or along those lines
I feel like this should get added, but also the red [ I ] thing in front of people's names. /ironman list would be very useful- But not for new players. I think adding both would be the optimal solution. The tip sounds like a great idea as well!

• Agree
Reactions: Cloudy and Timdood3

LordJ

Reaction score
The command is a good idea. It would certainly be helpful to have a way of finding out who is in Ironman mode or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloudy