Season 5 Placement Rage thread

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
gold 3 to gold 4, 5-5 placements

gg wow riot sux crappy game must uninstall.

also the algorithims not that bad, it works like this basically.

first game you face whatever mmr you had last season or silvers if you didnt have a rank last season.
depending on whether or not you win or lose, it inflates/deflates your mmr a lot.
so i won my first game and started getting queued with plats/high diamonds, then i lost the next three and got placed with silvers.
after the silver games won consistently so i brought myself back up to gold.

the problem is its not just how many gamesy ou win/lose, its which ones. winning/losing the first 3-4 games counts a lot more than winning/losing the last 6. it's a weird system, but it makes sense.

• Useful
Reactions: Vrgin

paceboys

Reaction score
So you're saying your skill is that of a silver

Also nyxo got placed in plat 4 TECHNICALLY hes plat
:^)
no, literally the system takes your relative mmr

it favors those with exact mmr

so if your mmr in plat 5 is plat 5 it is a softer reset, while if your mmr in plat 5 is plat 4 it's even softer, and gold 1 in plat 5 (what mine was) isn't soft at all

literally the word 'relative' means 'considered in proportion or relation to something else' meaning if your mmr is 1 division lower than your rank, or your mmr is relatively lower than your rank, it goes harder on you

Choclate_god

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
no, literally the system takes your relative mmr

it favors those with exact mmr

so if your mmr in plat 5 is plat 5 it is a softer reset, while if your mmr in plat 5 is plat 4 it's even softer, and gold 1 in plat 5 (what mine was) isn't soft at all

literally the word 'relative' means 'considered in proportion or relation to something else' meaning if your mmr is 1 division lower than your rank, or your mmr is relatively lower than your rank, it goes harder on you
So what you're saying is that your skill AND mmr are that of a silver II

paceboys

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that your skill AND mmr are that of a silver II

no once again the word relative in context to the reset starts your mmr lower based on your mmr relative to your current rank

example, if i'm diamond 3 and my mmr is diamond 4, it will start me lower than if my mmr was diamond 3 in diamond 3. it does NOT start me at d4 mmr, it starts me at ~3 divisions below the soft reset formula for diamond 3 (lets say that's plat 3 since no one knows but ritoad) so instead of starting at plat 3 i start at plat 5 or gold 1

now take that and put it in the context of g1 mmr in plat 5, instead of starting me at gold 3 it started me at gold 5 and i went 4/6, whereas it started you at gold 3 and you went 7/3 and got plat

the system works like it's supposed to but how it's supposed to work is really stupid

Choclate_god

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
no once again the word relative in context to the reset starts your mmr lower based on your mmr relative to your current rank

example, if i'm diamond 3 and my mmr is diamond 4, it will start me lower than if my mmr was diamond 3 in diamond 3. it does NOT start me at d4 mmr, it starts me at ~3 divisions below the soft reset formula for diamond 3 (lets say that's plat 3 since no one knows but ritoad) so instead of starting at plat 3 i start at plat 5 or gold 1

now take that and put it in the context of g1 mmr in plat 5, instead of starting me at gold 3 it started me at gold 5 and i went 4/6, whereas it started you at gold 3 and you went 7/3 and got plat

the system works like it's supposed to but how it's supposed to work is really stupid

But I would be too if I got placed in silver II press f to pay respects