Season 5 Placement Rage thread

Digitalis

Reaction score
"oh boy I called adc and finally got my role! Since this is my most familiar position I'm gonna sit 20 feet behind my minion wave and still somehow manage to feed 10 kills before laning phase ends!"

• Optimistic
Reactions: Vrgin

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Jolteon42 im queueing up rn so far 5-1 I was silver 5 at the end of the season so i hope i get placed high silver or maybe even gold #thedream

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Lets rage
Well
I was silver V in promos to silver IV when season reset... Now i fucking go 8-2 and get placed in bronze 2 so im pretty fucking pissed and done with LoL at this point idk how i can be in silver and win 8 games in placements then get placed in bronze i check mmr and everyhtin the day before the ranked reset and my mmr was average so yea pretty fucking pissed right now

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Got silver 3 in season 3, was very much not a silver level player so I got placed in bronze 1 season 4 with 7-3 placements because my mmr was shit.

worked my way up to gold 3 this season from there, got high plat mmr, but now im worried im gonna be back in silver if i do terrible

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Read the OP, thought this was a nonsense thread.

Read replies, realising this is actually something serious.

Am now very confused still.
riot employees claim to be constantly immersed in science but their algorithms for determining where you're seeded after 10 placement games is so terrible that it can place professionals into a tier lower than I'm in or a new player into Gold (halfway through the entire ladder)

The system is :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

• Confusing
Reactions: Omni

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
riot employees claim to be constantly immersed in science but their algorithms for determining where you're seeded after 10 placement games is so terrible that it can place professionals into a tier lower than I'm in or a new player into Gold (halfway through the entire ladder)

The system is :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
This is not making anything clearer to me at all...you could be talking in a different language for all I know...

• Haha
Reactions: Notme and Vrgin

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
This is not making anything clearer to me at all...you could be talking in a different language for all I know...

In the new season they pull everyone's rank back and let them play 10 placement matches to change their rank in the system. After the 10th game their ranking is revealed. Riot's algorithm for determining ranks are putting professionals in gold despite how many games they might win

Vatowski

Reaction score

In the new season they pull everyone's rank back and let them play 10 placement matches to change their rank in the system. After the 10th game their ranking is revealed. Riot's algorithm for determining ranks are putting professionals in gold despite how many games they might win
totally not forgetting master tier

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
nightblue is better than you

therefore you are less than pathetic
nightblue is pathetic in a relative way. therefore I cant be considered that because its not a scale of the entire ranked playerbase, but a relative scale of masters/challenger tiers that im stating
edit: actually, relative to plat, I am also pathetic but not related to nightblue
I'm done explaining myself by the way, I'm not rising to the bait :^)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
raxo2222 nice bandwagon considering I expanded on that post further and gmk didn't rate my second one confusing but you still went back and rated the first confusing

Last edited: