Sand Garden by Numberplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberplay

Reaction score
Name of map: Sand Garden (even tho the world file is named Desert Garden, i prefer sand.)
Author: Numberplay
Size: 140 x 140 (Sponges in the corners, makes me wonders if it's not actually 141)
Map boundary markers: Sponges, you can remove them please after setting the edges?
Kits: Humans: Gardener (wooden sword, 20 leaf blocks), Villager (wooden sword, 4 breads), Warrior (stone sword, potion of healing), Merchant (4 cooked fish, 8 wooden planks), Archer (bow, 8 arrows)
Hunters: Leader (stone sword, bow, 8 arrows), Archer (bow, 8 arrows), Warrior (stone sword, potion of healing), Genie (stone sword, 4 enderpearls), Miner (iron pickaxe, 64 dirt blocks)
Screenshots:

Notes: This project started as a hanging garden. But then I though it would be more realistic if i put it more like a city. So now it's a mix of both. There are houses, a dock, a lighthouse and even a small bazaar.

I would prefer if humans could not destroy blocks at all even in the build time, they can place blocks though. The map is quite big and allows a lot of running, I even put blocks in almost all the chests. Almost no dead end too which is, what I believe, recommended for a zombie map.

I might update it once the server is updated to 1.2.
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8wpf689s325vgt5

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Reminds me of LCD...and that map we already have that I don't remember the name of.

Other than that, this looks reasonably fun to play on for both hiding and running (parkcore and such).
Also, what are you expecting to update on it when 1.2 is updated on the server?

• Agree
Reactions: Nazza1

Numberplay

Reaction score
Reminds me of LCD...and that map we already have that I don't remember the name of.

Other than that, this looks reasonably fun to play on for both hiding and running (parkcore and such).
Also, what are you expecting to update on it when 1.2 is updated on the server?
reversed stairs and climbable vines.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Alright, I took some time to play around in the map. I really like how everything is structured. I love every thing about it. Items in chests should be tweaked just a bit-- more supplies, more spread-out/hidden. Other than that, I would like to see this in the rotation :p

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I read : Put diamond/iron armor and weapons so that newbies rage all the time in the map.

No really i think there's enough supplies. They shouldn't be that helpful anyway. Humans should run from a zombie invasion, they're scared of them, not attacking them all the time.
Yet if the Humans get said armour and the Hunters cannot get anything (I.E armour/weapons back due to all the loot from chests being taken) then Humans would win, thus making it a pro-human map unless a Human, that was wearing Diamond armour gets chosen - I'd like to see a map that is some-what plain, with only kits to start with and no advantage with supplies and armour; and have an actual survival round instead of a 'You need all of the Hunters to attack me or I'll live' round.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
I quite enjoy this map. Running through this map, I feel a sense of close quarters combat, and in others there's a good balance of openness and just running for your life. Chest contents are fine by me, nothing overly powerful, just a few useful items here and there. Map aesthetics is quite nice, I do like desert villages. All in all, I think I will just say...

MAP APPROVED

• Winner
Reactions: LagWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.