S_swimmer's Build Competitions

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Hosted on S_swimmer's AdvPlot.
This will be a competition for Adv. Builders and up, since... well... it is on my AdvPlot. Every Saturday (starting when I get back from Hawaii, so maybe the first Saturday in January?), I will host this on the server at around 9:00 EST. I will convert that to GMT later. When everybody who has decided to participate claims a plot of their own, I will announce the theme of the build and all members will have exactly 30 MINUTES to build.​
THEMES MAY INCLUDE:
Hell​
Apocalyptic​
Frozen​
Medieval England/Europe​
Japanese​
Nordic​
Fantasy​
Tropical​
Beach​
Modern​
Ruined​
Jungle​
Elven​
Dwarven​
PLOT
PLOT WITH SEXY CHUNK ERROR
ARTISTIC ANGLE
As you can see from the screenshots you should have looked at, this competition arena is complete with a blue side for available plots, a gold side for plots that have won in previous competitions, a completely pointless river, and a board with the guidelines for claiming a plot which you can barely see in the haze of picture 1's horizon and on the bottom right hand side of picture 2. The warp which I will set up shortly after posting this thread is /warp SBC. Do not include the dot in that name.​
RULES:
1. Do not think that these rules are in order of importance. You can tell by the fact that this is rule #1.​
2. Do not build or claim a plot on the winner's (gold) side. It will not give you an automatic win.​
3. You may not use VoxelSniper or any commands that can help with terraforming.​
4. The only allowed WorldEdit commands are //set, //replace, //sphere and //hsphere.​
5. Only claim and build on plots during competition hours/minutes.​
5 1/2. Don't keep building after the competition minutes are up or you will be DISQUALIFIED.​
6. Have fun. Those who do not follow this rule will be shot.​
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BUILDINGING

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
UPDATE: New arena built in regular plots so everybody can participate! This arena includes 3 rows of Winners' Plots, 2 rows of Competition Plots, and a new and absolutely terrible Pointless River 2.0!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
It's time for an exciting new update!

A brand-new style of competitions has been made as S_swimmer has now been looking into the world of...

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!

But in all seriousness.
This competition was much too close to the style of gameplay in the official BuildBox Speedbuild Competition that I was reminded of. Because of this, S_swimmer's Building Competitions will have to stand alone in its style!

Step 1. Players will stand in the middle of the BLUE plot of their choosing (plots are 30x30). There can be any number of players to one plot, but there has to be at least 2 EQUAL TEAMS. There will be a "default" or "preset" build that players will add onto. These default builds will be very small and can range from some underdeveloped terrain to the small start to a town of some sort.

Step 2. Players will have a minimum time of 20 minutes and a maximum time of 1 hour to finish their plot according to the theme announced.

Step 3. The predetermined 3 judges will look over all of the plots.

Step 4. Once the judges have reached an agreement, they will award 4 titles/prizes. First, the Terraforming Prize, which goes to the best terrain. Second, the Buildings Prize, which goes to the best manmade structures (these include ruins). Third, the Uniqueness Prize, which goes to the most unique and original. Finally, the Overall Prize will be awarded to the best plot and will be copy-pasted into the Winners' Plots section.

Step 5. The judges will erase the plots and everybody will go back to what they were doing.

As for the time of these competitions, they will still be on Saturday. However, due to an irregular and inconsistent schedule, there will not be a set time, so just hope you are on while I have the time to do it! :p