Runner Wins!

tommy

Reaction score
Hey there, if anyone ever wins a game with 36 or more blocks they get in the score board labeled runner.

I was wondering why players can not see the amount of runner wins a player has.

The amount of runner wins someone has can tell people what type of player that person is.

Instead of making a new command for the amount of runner wins someone has it should be added to the /whois command

Thank you for reading please reply with problems, fixes or if you like it.

-Tommy

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
If you ask me, they aren't anything special. Just so you know, it's actually 36 or more (because you need to place less than 15 blocks), but anyways.. some hiding spots only require you to place ~5 blocks. Among other situations, there's also times when you can bandwagon; in other words, instead of editing blocks yourself, someone else at the same area (probably a secret) uses up their blocks to give it added covertness. It's more of a (sometimes) challenging thing to attempt for added entertainment, rather than something that perfectly depicts how a given player is as a human. I'd rather not have another line in /whois, either.

tommy

Reaction score
It seems as if many people don't agree with the current runner system.

Maybe something should be done about that.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I don't think that it is a bad idea, but I don't think it would be a good idea to add to /whois. I agree with Chillingworth that a board could be a nice idea.

Either way, after reading some posts it sounds like a good idea to make runner something hard to achieve again. I was thinking of changing the requerements for runner to about 3-5 blocks modified or 0 blocks placed, or maybe even 0 blocks modified. This would make it something to be proud of and would motivate people to try to achieve it.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I dont think this is a good idea.
That was very broad and very lacking in information. Perhaps lets us know what that was directed to. Were you referring to the original idea or to what Chilling, or what Jowe and I have stated. Also instead of just stating you don't like or think something is a good idea please state why. It would help suggestions move a long better.

These posts under suggestions shouldn't be a voting spot for people to like or dislike a person's idea but to build off of it or explain why something shouldn't be considered.

• Informative
Reactions: MustabearXD

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Since the topic seems to be switching over to a change in the runner aspect...

Although I agree that the means and ways that humans obtain the runner reward during matches these past months or so since the change should become more challenging and harder to obtain...
...I do not believe we should actually make the amount of blocks used or modified to a zero amount.
Why?
The following are all basically biased, and may or may not have happened to anyone else, but I find it a bit relevant to problems with a 0 modified runner.
1) I always seem to find that near the end of a round that I'm attempting to run on, or just about to pass the block restriction to achieve the runner objective for that single round; I always find that, due to the mouse being used as the primary way to turn your characters (Steve's) vision around the playable map / world, there is always, and usually is, a slip of the finger to build, or modify a specific block. This is a small, and not that important of a reason honestly.
2) There seems to be a peculiar glitch. I've only seen this happen with the WoM client, mainly as I have not used the browser in awhile due to its Java and my unwillingness to downgrade it to an earlier state: But on occasion, normally half-way through a round after deleting many blocks at a time, the game seems to transit into a state of constantly placing the current block I have selected in my hand. It goes a rapid state, and only seems to go away after I restart my client. Again, a small reason.
3) Finally: Some maps, I feel, need the idea of modifying blocks to survive. Many maps usually have large walls (like mouse, or off), and others require blocks to be deleted in order to uncover other zones of a map: such as deleting the netherportal on realms in order to get into the "nether-section." Also: many times when a player is running, it is fairly easy to find ones-self trapped between the zombies, and a section of the map. Runner options, when modifying certain blocks, also allow certain areas of the map to give that runner an edge against their pursuer. Runner options should give leniency away from moderating blocks.

Although: I think that changing the number of blocks placed, as it was before, the best choice. 4-7 blocks possibly depending on the map. (Mainly varied due to the glitch / slip of the finger arguments stated above.) If it is decided to make runner a no-modifying response, I think that aspect should be included more in “hardcore” rounds.

Again note: This is my opinion, and is biased. I do not know if similar opinions / experiences in terms of the glitch and slip-of-finger exists. However, they are all only suggestions seeing the question in which the topic is going toward (As the original question seems answered enough).

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
That was very broad and very lacking in information. Perhaps lets us know what that was directed to. Were you referring to the original idea or to what Chilling, or what Jowe and I have stated. Also instead of just stating you don't like or think something is a good idea please state why. It would help suggestions move a long better.

These posts under suggestions shouldn't be a voting spot for people to like or dislike a person's idea but to build off of it or explain why something shouldn't be considered.
Just thinking the idea I think is a good idea but I Like more the idea of vatu, chill, and yours.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
He can suggest as many things as he likes barring if it gets spammy or pointless, but as of right now things have been helpful and good ideas or so-so ideas but still thoughtful. I like when a player takes the time to think of ways to better the server, and makes me feel happy that we have such a nice community. Knight365

On another note I recall us having a discussion a long time ago about runner, Where it as only placing 3 blocks but I believe you could delete as many as you wanted. Maybe something along those lines JKangaroo

tommy

Reaction score
Are you trying to completely change the server to your liking or something? ._. So many suggestions in little time.
Ohh well I might have a list of about four more. I like to wait till they die down before I post a new one.

I not really trying to make the server fix only for me I want to make the server better for everyone.

Reactions: Oviony

Knight365

Reaction score
Dessern5 Sure, I will stop. May I just state/ask one thing though? I have my own opinions on this topic and I don't understand why I in particular am asked to stop when everyone else here has a right to their own opinions on other posts. I do not want to argue about this but I would like an answer if it is not much trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I understand you have your own opinion and I wasn't trying to restrict it. I am sorry if it came off that way but the way that I meant it was to ask you to let him continue with his suggestions and keep an open mind to it just because he makes them a lot doesn't mean he wants it his way.