Rules suggestion.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I was playing earlier today and there were no Ops on (1 Trusted if you need to know) and everybody was being pretty nice. But we were doing Nolife and someone made a jump course (didnt actually see it happen but was hearing it from chat) and a zombie [not wanting to do the course I guess] destoryed some blocks, making a perfect jump course unreachable. The human said what happened but, since no Ops were on and he couldnt build the blocks back and was forced to jump. I think a rule should be put in place to prevent this as its not fair that the zombie is lazy and the human has to pay for it. The human jumped after the Trusted [wheelbarrel_? I think.] told him a Op couldnt build it back and if he couldnt build it he would have to jump. He was infected immidiately.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Well, you've described the problem. Now, what would be a good solution?
None come to mind at first glance.

Making it so that zombies can't break blocks? Ruins hiding.

Human-placed blocks can't be deleted by zombies? Possibly. Quite abusable though.
Example: I wall up the entrance to a secret with my blocks. Any zombies that wants to get me can't without glitching through, and hence cheating.

All maps are nobuild running ones? A lot of overhauling, and it'd turn zombie monotonous.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Well, we can't just make a rules that states the players made unreachable by zombies can just stay unreachable for the rest of the round, it would totally ruin the gameplay. This means that sometimes you will just have to jump off if no one can fix your jumping course, I know it can be annoying but there's nothing we can really do about it. It would only be less fair to let that person stay unreachable for other zombies.

I recommend not to make big jumping courses if no operators are around if you really have a problem with this. This shouldn't happen that often.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Well if the person on the jump course were to play it smart, this would not be a problem, but if I see this happen (zombies intentionally breaking the jump course) I warn the zombie for rule 9. General rule, I know, but it does fall under the "sportsmanship" part quite well.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I just wanna express a quick opinion.

When I play video games I play them strategically. Ask anybody thats every played Disneys ToonTown online with me. I have a strategy for everything. Certain maps I always plan on making a jump course, hoping it holds me for about 5 minutes into the round and then running for dear life. It makes me frustrated to think I should change my gameplay just because a Op isnt online. Heck, no 1 should change it. Play life a Op is watching you always. I was just suggesting the idea and wanna thank everybody for there replys. If no 1 else wants to keep the discussion going, please close this thread. I'm good :)

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
If you see someone deliberately make you unreachable make a note of their name and the time/date. If you can, use /aka to turn names on and get a screenshot or video of them and post it on the General Report Thread. From there the Ops will put them on a list of people to keep an eye on.

When I do happen to be online and a zombie deliberately breaks the course of a human I kick and/or ban them for rule 2 which specifically says "Humans" must be reachable without building at all times.

The best thing you can do I suppose would be to make sure there are a few very different ways to get to your location. So that if one gets broken you'll still have the others and won't have to jump.