Rule 6 clarification

Reaction score
Rule 6 in zombies says Do not Respawn, glitch in blocks or abuse other flaws.

Now to help me calm down before I do a 2x1 jump I place two blocks op air before i jump, then I wait a few seconds. After the blocks are long gone I attempted the jump doing this has increased my successes rate.

I do this to make sure I’m far enough away to have a better chance, if I can only place 1 block I need to move back more I call it measuring my distance

My question is am I abusing a flaw? I am not jumping on the blocks or glitching and I am only using them to check my distance.

if it is a flaw then ill stop doing it

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, as I don't really understand your methods, I don't see as how this is abusing any bugs in a malicious manner. Now if you were to jump on the blocks before they disappeared to make sure you complete the jump thats a whole different story. But this looks to me as if you are just practising so I don't think it's a big deal.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I know what you're talking about, so I'll explain a little bit.

We were in timecastle, and a couple people were lag pillaring and what not to make the course up top easier. The course is two blocks wide, and when I used /b on the op_air, I saw that you had tried placing stone at one of the blocks for each of the later 2x1s. I did note that you did wait a bit between a couple jumps, but I was still confused as to why you of all people would do that. Once you mentioned that it's to safeguard yourself, I realized it wasn't just one block but two blocks you tried placing, and after that I just told you "nevermind" because of lack of evidence. Sometimes even I get bored and spam blocks in op_air, which is an example of why it's not really fool-proof evidence of someone breaking rule 6.

All in all, Mach is right; you're fine. Say the first block in a 2x1 jump is A, and the second block you're trying to get to is B (and there's op_air all around). I had thought you were placing a block in front of block B to help you up and make it into just a 1x1 jump. My apologies for the troubles! I've never heard of this, but I'll make sure I don't get on your case when I use /b on op_air and see your name. x)

Oh, by the way: It's not a big deal, but feel free to just ask me and/or another staff member next time something like this happens, rather than posting a thread. We (hopefully) know what we're doing and we'll assist you in-game, right after things happen, so it's much simpler. q: (if you feel uncomfortable asking in public, remember that you can use opchat (#<message here>) or just whispering!)

Reaction score
Ok ty I’m not very good at in game private or # messages i get to destracted, its much easier to type here.
so as long as I don’t use the blocks to jump there no problem with me "safeguard" or measuring my distance