Robo's Third Operator Application

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Account Name: roboboy777

Do you have any Premium alternate accounts? dijon316

Age(note that we value maturity over actual age): 13

Timezone: EST

References (Op+, none are required but will help you significantly): SirComputer S_swimmer chrisrocks300 Thanks guys!

Approx. time spent on BB (use /ontime to check): 12 Day 11 Hr 28 Min (8th on ontime top used to be 7th darn you swiiftt!)

Previous staff experience: BB trial operator.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills?
Building is one of my main skills on BB. I have spent about 2-1/2 years perfecting that skill by practicing and practicing every day I get. I also have been practicing using Worldedit and Voxelsniper alongside building. I have been looking at building videos and pictures to learn more and more about it. I look at pictures of Minecraft builds and replicate the details on my own builds. I've also been trying to get good at doing different themes and learning what they are so I can help others with themed builds.
I'm also good with making friends and making trust with people. I like to do this so I can communicate with players that are having a hard time in the server. When there are players like this, I like to get them into a position with me and them by letting the other players know to stay back for a bit while I talk with the upset player privately. I like to go on bigger servers with more people to see how some players would react to things, for example letting them know they are being a bit annoying. Bigger servers are also good to practice being out-going, for example answering questions and letting them know how you feel about their story (e.g. "My dog just died :(", I'd say "aww that stinks *username*").

What do you think the role entails? Being an Operator means getting to know the players and making the server a fun place to be, dealing with grief and figuring out who did it by finding clues and keeping notes (I just try and remember things that I see), and dealing with angry, upset, or confused players. And like I said, making trust is the first and most important thing to be able to talk with the players and figure out whats setting them off. Although, making trust isn't always that easy with some players. Some players are way more difficult or are just being trolls and will not let you get anything out of them. This is when you switch to being more direct with them to be able to enforce the rules, or have them leave. I have, over the time I've been here, learned to control my self with trolls. Their MAIN goal is to drive you over your limits, and as an operator you can't let them do that. So, when you get direct with them, you need to know that you're going to have to be a little meaner than you usually are. I am a fairly playful person at most times, but when I need to, I'll go out of my way to let them know that they need to quit being a problem.

Why do you want this position? I want the position of Operator so then I can hopefully make a new and strong addition to the server's staff team. As I said, at most times I will be playful and bond with the players. I think that someone who is playful but serious when needed to be will be a good addition to the server. Buildbox is also my favorite server that I go on a bunch, and being online to be there for the players is great for them. After all, most of them go on there to make friends and have fun (and of course build). When you're there for them that makes their experience 10 times better. I like to go on when there are players online, if none are on I'll go on RoF and check /glist frequently until someone shows up there. Of course you shouldn't always do this as the thing that mostly gets players to join is other players. So I will try to start small projects for myself so I can be online for the players. Everything you do as an Operator is for the players' sake: when you fix grief, its usually for another player that spent time and is proud of their build; when you stop spammers or annoying players, its for the sake of the player's sanity; when you check the builds of other players its for them, they want to know how they did on their build and if they are good enough; and finally when you teach them things about building, its so then they can get better at building. And when you get better at something you love, you start to love it more and you start to be more proud of yourself for doing such a thing. I wish to be of help to the server and just make the place fun for most new and old players.

Additional/final notes: I know this is my third application and I screwed up a bit last time, but I have learned from that experience things that I never really focused super super hard on. Like posts on the forum, I've learned to think about how everyone (including staff) would think about a post and how it would effect me or them. You may expect, for someone who's been a member for almost 2 years, would know to watch themselves on the forum, but I'm always finding new ways to look at things and things to keep in mind. From my experience on trial last time, I've learned new things about Operator that I've never looked at the same way before. The whole time I was on trial, I felt so restricted in how I can act in chat and on the forum. Now that I have that in mind this time, I think I'll treat that more seriously and act a lot more like staff. Also in addition, I feel like I've been able to control myself better lately.

Additional summing up notes:
I'm not installing an IRC app on my phone. That usually leads to me just messing around with it.
I'm going to try to tone down my playfulness in chat a tiny bit.
I'm also taking inspiration from Superhalo (e.g. greeting everyone that joins).

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Collosal

Reaction score
I've seen you helping players in the server. You also are able to give advice to people on how to improve a build, and I've seen some effort from you to help out on the server. You are very active and know all the ropes of the plugins. It's always good for an operator to have previous building experience, at the level of an advanced builder that is. However, since you did fail your trial and I feel that this must be taken into consideration. I'd like to see you go through and pass a trial again. If you can show me that you've gotten what it takes since your last experience on staff, I'd be happy to staff alongside you.

Reactions: Robo

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Since your last application, I've seen you develop into someone who could definitely be a really good op. You're friendly, mature but you know when to have fun. You also know what being an op's like, through your previous trial - but this time I think you can pass it. I think you've got what it takes, so +1 to you.

• Thank You
Reactions: JayJay and Robo

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey roboboy777, Thanks for applying for Buildbox Operator! You have a solid application, which is great, and shows us that you're really interested in it and that you'll take this position seriously (with some fun, of course!). I hope you learned enough from your previous experience as TrialOp and have taken the input from what Nill and Priz have told you and improve yourself this time around.
I wouldn't mind seeing you on a Trial run again, hoping that you'll pass! Good luck!

• Thank You

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I think you've done well to improve yourself and that you're ready now. You're mature, kind, outgoing, and you're able to understand what to do in certain situations. From what people have told me in the past, I'm still a bit skeptical of your leniency with reviewing builds, but - and you can tell by the fact that I referenced you - that doesn't hold me back from giving you a +1. Good luck!

• Thank You

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
Although I haven't seen you that often, I have to say you have improved since your last application. You're mature, helpful and friendly, and I feel that you should be given another shot at operator. +1

• Thank You