Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
[justif]
Account Name:
roboboy777

Alternate accounts?
dijon316 (I at first wanted to try to get Adv Builder again, but was convinced otherwise)

Timezone:
Eastern Daylight Time

References (Op+):
Tamzies
MikeTang
rawrmynameisrex
(Thank you so much!)
Approx. time spent on BB:
5 Day 20 Hr 52 Min

Previous staff experience:
None

Other notable contributions/feats/skills?
I've been playing Buildbox for a while now, and I've gotten very used to it's commands and how it all works. I think that will help me help others when they're confused about
something. Its been my passion to build big or small things on Buildbox,
and with all the help and inspiration I've gotten from everyone, I think I've gotten really
good at it. I also think I have the ability to think outside the box a lot, and I believe that will help me big time when dealing with problems that will occur. Friend-making has also been
easy for me, I try to be as polite and giving when around others, because gaining their trust is a very important thing.

What do you think the role entails?
Being an Operator means to be of help to the community, keeping things
organized, welcoming new players and helping them around, fixing grief and
banning trouble-makers. I used to think the a BB op has a WAY easier job than any other
server operators, and is extremely easy to manage. But I was WAYY
off. I learned that a BB operator's job is a big privilege and takes major
responsibility and commitment. Among other servers (e.g. RoF) BB operators may have less on their plate to deal with at some times, but I learned that there will be those players that
come in and just want to put you to your limit. You need to be strong and firm in those
situations, but most of all, you need to be smart, knowing how to approach a player
and talk with them without making them rage quit and go to other servers inviting MORE players to come and mess up this server. I feel that I have what it takes to be a BB
operator, and to help lots.

Why do you want this position?
I want the rank of operator to be able to help out, nothing makes me happier
than to serve others and to watch them in joy at what they just learned; to learn more
things and to be able to practice those things and put them to use, theres always something new to be learned; and finally to be a teacher to those who want to better their skills,
teaching is also something I've been wanting to practice. I think If I have operator and I was put on trial, then I can show what I'm capable of, and improve on if I ever get accepted as
official operator.

Additional/final notes:
I would very much like a chance to be put on trial, I'd like to see how I do, and if I do well,
so then I can see first-hand whats wrong, and needs improving.
Also, rawrmynameisrex should see this. :)

[/justif]

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey roboboy777, thanks for applying for Buildbox Op! And sorry for not being able to reply to your IRC message earlier, I saw it just now and I guess that I'll place my answer here.

First off, solid application. It seems like you have a good grasp on why you want to staff on Buildbox and what's required from staff when issues arise. Second. I think that your helpfulness and activity on the server is good compared to the last time that you submitted an application. And lastly, I think that your maturity is great for someone of your age and by doing a quick review of my logs, I find that you like to have fun and act silly at times with other players, which is fine, and probably reflects your personality.

Also, I think that your building skills and knowledge with WorldEdit and VoxelSniper, on top of your helpfulness, are a good plus and would be beneficial to the players that require your help.

Overall, I think a trial would be great so that other staff who aren't convinced can see how well you act on Buildbox as an Op. And to answer your message earlier-- add me to your references. Good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: Robo

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hey roboboy777, thanks for applying for Buildbox Op! And sorry for not being able to reply to your IRC message earlier, I saw it just now and I guess that I'll place my answer here.

First off, solid application. It seems like you have a good grasp on why you want to staff on Buildbox and what's required from staff when issues arise. Second. I think that your helpfulness and activity on the server is good compared to the last time that you submitted an application. And lastly, I think that your maturity is great for someone of your age and by doing a quick review of my logs, I find that you like to have fun and act silly at times with other players, which is fine, and probably reflects your personality.

Also, I think that your building skills and knowledge with WorldEdit and VoxelSniper, on top of your helpfulness, are a good plus and would be beneficial to the players that require your help.

Overall, I think a trial would be great so that other staff who aren't convinced can see how well you act on Buildbox as an Op. And to answer your message earlier-- add me to your references. Good luck!
Thank you very much, rex. I'm glad to finally have someone get my personality, and to really believe in me. I'm glad to be on track so far, and I hope I won't let you down.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
I haven't seen you much due to timezones. What I have seen is okay, but what we need to see couldn't happen due to the lack of players. I need to go now, I'll record something better later.
You mean like helping almost nonstop, like in RoF. I see, times will occur though, and when they do, they'll be harsh.
I was talking with chrisrocks300 back when he was still operator about someone he had to deal with. The person was extremely stubborn and persistent, and just had every single response ready, like he had learned how to expertly debate. I have a temper, and people like that will definitely trigger it. I will get so worked up over the debate and soon will lose it and start saying things I wouldn't normally say.

Although, I've gotten an idea of how to react in those situations: you would try to keep as calm as possible, and try to steer away from the conversation topic. Once you've successfully done that, you need to try and cool yourself out, ease your temper, and tell an operator what happened and who the player was so they can deal with them later. If all goes wrong, you should immediately ping a fellow operator or higher if none are on. If neither are on, you should ping a fellow controller of another server. (Worst case scenario, go to Teamspeak and check to see if anyone is on that can help-- normally you'd also do this if no Operators are on IRC)

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Hey roboboy!

Thanks for applying again for Operator, it shows that you really want this rank and your application is solid. You are a lot more helpful than last time and very active on the server. However, from what I have personally experienced, I don't believe you've changed too much from last time you applied. You still seem at the same level of maturity to me and I have a bit of an odd problem with your helpfulness. The way I have seen you helping almost seems to me as if you're doing it just to be Operator, not because you truly love to help whenever you can - I am not saying that is the case, but I am a little bit skeptical of how genuine you are. Also, under normal circumstances, being an Adv Builder really helps with judging builds, since you already have a lot of talent with building yourself. However, there was an incident with WonderWaffle - I believe that you said you gave him a lot of tips. When you were asking me to review it, however, you acted as if it was your own build and got very defensive - I understand that WonderWaffle was not online at the time, but it struck me as very odd. At that time, the build was not builder-worthy, and when I said why, you disagreed with me on it entirely and thought that it was ready. This makes me very skeptical of your abilities to judge a build for Builder and the way you got defensive was a bit weird too.
However, I think you deserve a chance.
I'm going to be going with a hesitant +1 for your trial and will be keeping an eye on you to judge your abilities and see if you are genuine with wanting to help the server. Good luck!

• Thank You

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hey roboboy!

Thanks for applying again for Operator, it shows that you really want this rank and your application is solid. You are a lot more helpful than last time and very active on the server. However, from what I have personally experienced, I don't believe you've changed too much from last time you applied. You still seem at the same level of maturity to me and I have a bit of an odd problem with your helpfulness. The way I have seen you helping almost seems to me as if you're doing it just to be Operator, not because you truly love to help whenever you can - I am not saying that is the case, but I am a little bit skeptical of how genuine you are. Also, under normal circumstances, being an Adv Builder really helps with judging builds, since you already have a lot of talent with building yourself. However, there was an incident with WonderWaffle - I believe that you said you gave him a lot of tips. When you were asking me to review it, however, you acted as if it was your own build and got very defensive - I understand that WonderWaffle was not online at the time, but it struck me as very odd. At that time, the build was not builder-worthy, and when I said why, you disagreed with me on it entirely and thought that it was ready. This makes me very skeptical of your abilities to judge a build for Builder and the way you got defensive was a bit weird too.
However, I think you deserve a chance.
I'm going to be going with a hesitant +1 for your trial and will be keeping an eye on you to judge your abilities and see if you are genuine with wanting to help the server. Good luck!
I don't understand whats so wrong with a green +1
Thanks Swimmer, I'll try my hardest.

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hey Robo,

I think you have changed for the better and that is why I referred to you. You are a friendly dude and I think you would be a great Operator for BB. You have changed and I think the time you had to wait was good for you. I hope you can keep everything secret that we talk about and that you are mature enough to handle the commands. I am agreeing with all the others Operators on your app and a +1 from me.

I tried to make this post on the forum and I hope it works.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hey Robo,

I think you have changed for the better and that is why I referred to you. You are a friendly dude and I think you would be a great Operator for BB. You have changed and I think the time you had to wait was good for you. I hope you can keep everything secret that we talk about and that you are mature enough to handle the commands. I am agreeing with all the others Operators on your app and a +1 from me.

I tried to make this post on the forum and I hope it works.
It worked. Thank you soo much Tamzies!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
You mean like helping almost nonstop, like in RoF. I see, times will occur though, and when they do, they'll be harsh.
I was talking with chrisrocks300 back when he was still operator about someone he had to deal with. The person was extremely stubborn and persistent, and just had every single response ready, like he had learned how to expertly debate. I have a temper, and people like that will definitely trigger it. I will get so worked up over the debate and soon will lose it and start saying things I wouldn't normally say.

Although, I've gotten an idea of how to react in those situations: you would try to keep as calm as possible, and try to steer away from the conversation topic. Once you've successfully done that, you need to try and cool yourself out, ease your temper, and tell an operator what happened and who the player was so they can deal with them later. If all goes wrong, you should immediately ping a fellow operator or higher if none are on. If neither are on, you should ping a fellow controller of another server. (Worst case scenario, go to Teamspeak and check to see if anyone is on that can help-- normally you'd also do this if no Operators are on IRC)
First off, don't compare another server's staffing to another's. It's completely different. Secondly, RoF isn't helping almost nonstop. Staff can easily enjoy the game as well as helping when needed.

This is BB though, not RoF, so lets go on to some of my own points:
  • You sometimes make things a lot longer than they should be. For example, a question of 'Did he do this on his own?' probably doesn't need to be in as much detail as 'What is good about this build?'.
  • I'm quite concerned about your defensiveness towards your friend WonderWaffle, as Swimmer has wrote about, which I'm seeing as bias. Operators should be unbiased when judging a build. I sometimes pass the judging to another op when my friends ask me to judge their's (for Builder, not for tips).
  • The 'busy' times when lots of people are on, and therefore there is more of a chance of someone needing help, are in the night for me, so it's hard for me to judge helpfulness and maturity. The comments by the team have varied about this too, so it's harder to know what you're really like.
  • However, you are quite trustworthy and I would be able to give you the commands an op can use.
I'm not too sure on this one. +0, possibly leaning a bit towards -0.5.

MikeTang You have referenced, mind hearing a bit from you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubjubers
Status
Not open for further replies.