riot shield

supersurprise

Reaction score
a riot shield would simply go like this: 4 glass in a square in front of you follow your movements and can block explosions, and stay with you until it resists 5 explosions or X number of seconds. i dont know if it is codable, but if so it would be wonderful

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
What happens when you grief it?
Also if it's just right in front of you an explosion will wipe you out just the same.

gggg
a.P.a
aaaa

With a being AIR, the P being the player, and the g the glass.
Am I interpreting this correctly?

Mainly, I just don't see it being useful, hence not really worth the coding time. You can shoot/walk around it, thus eliminating your advantage. Plus, how will you shoot?

supersurprise

Reaction score
What happens when you grief it?
Also if it's just right in front of you an explosion will wipe you out just the same.

gggg
a.P.a
aaaa

With a being AIR, the P being the player, and the g the glass.
Am I interpreting this correctly?

Mainly, I just don't see it being useful, hence not really worth the coding time. You can shoot/walk around it, thus eliminating your advantage. Plus, how will you shoot?
yes quite a few flaws but i will try to rethink this

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
This sounds very code-heavy (if that makes any sense). First off, coming from how /fly works on zombie, it creates glass under you for you to walk on in the air. The glass blocks would always be a bit behind where you actually were, sometimes you would actually fall off of it. This makes me wonder about how the riot shield would work. It wouldn't be exactly where you would be at all times. Plus, as I've said before, this would require a fair amount of coding, by the looks of it.

What about the cost? If it were to grant invincibility, this better be worth the price. Also, is it profitable? Can people use it to make more points than it's actually worth? Just a few things to think about. =D

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
What I mean is it could just be air. Or the player is just invincible. The coding will probably be hard, but I belive it could be done. Now I'm no expert coder, so I'm leaving this one to the baws coders we have.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Personally, I do not like the idea as there is a massive advantage of having this on say a ctf or koth. And if it is on a standard map, it is kinda useless. Jump? Imagine though, rich players on a koth. You could spend a long time on the control point and be invincible. Plus having new players saying "wtf hax i cant kill him" Gotta remember, this is no call of duty ;P

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
It was a good idea, but judging from the overwhelming negative points, I personally think that this may cause rage and unhappiness, if I may, throughout the server.
As always, it is the op+ decision.

• Agree
Reactions: DJJonosound

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
Well, this idea should be scrapped, games like CoD put it in well, but this isn't CoD, it's TNT Wars and all should be reasonably fair.
Less than half of all new guests don't go to the tutorial and if this was to be added, problems would arise. For one, I know of a few servers with the /fly command that lag real bad. This may do the same. Two, guests get angry enough when I kill them twice, being invincible and a good player would get them seriously enraged.
I have put this out there, and I don't personally think this will work.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Just use metal, costs 1 point and simply place a lot.

There is your solution, not to mention that I don't see any use of this, and/or worth to let Destroyerx1 code such a thing.
Thanks for your contribution though and thinking about improving the server!