Rework Suggestion: Achievements, Titles and the Store

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Achievements and ranks are both pretty important weapons to keep people hooked to keep playing the server. Right now I do not really like how the rank system works together with the store. Basically what I see is that orbs are solely spent for buying the new rank. Nobody really wants to buy something in the shop as it would delay their next rank. That's why I think it would be better to link the currency with the store and use something else for the rank system.

Achievements with titles
What I had in mind was to completely remove player ranks and instead replace it with titles. Players would be able to get those titles by completing achievements. This means that "ranks" will be linked with achievements rather than currency. An example of a new achievement that I had already given on the server is:

Achievement: Play 50 rounds.
You have played [hl]x[/hl] rounds.
Title: Veteran

Another example could be:

Achievement: Kill or infect 1000 humans.
You have [hl]x[/hl] kills & infections.
Title: Harbinger

Now, the thing is that players will be able to choose their title theirselves. How this works is that there would be a new command named something like [hl]/title[/hl]. There would be 2 sub-commands [hl]/title list[/hl] which would show you all your achieved titles and [hl]/title set [...][/hl] which would activate your title of choice. Some really cool and hard to get titles could be introduced (think about old zc titles like BearG.) which would make you insanely proud if you were to get that title.

Store
Now that ranks are completely remove from the store it can be made a lot more balanced as more people will be buying stuff. The hardest thing to do is to come up with items that can be sold without breaking the gameplay of gamemodes. A good solution to this is to have a lot of cosmetics and perks for sale. Other options can be like very short invis potions for infection, faster reload time for the gun or 1-hit kill on the weapon for CTF and food or resources for zombie. I intentionally left FFA out because I think that gamemode has problems itself that need to be fixed first. If you have any good ideas for the store please post it in this thread.

The most important this is to keep the server balanced and not let experienced players wreck everyone with overpowered it.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Vat