Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
the blocks under the stairs do not affect the zombies or how they play
That's true. However, you need to take in effect:
No form of pillaring is allowed.
However you build your course shouldn't break any rules. I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to say, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
omg nill you are my hero thats what ive been trying to get across!! @ everyone else pillaring is the act of laying blocks underneath you to make yourself rise right? i didnt do it i made a staircase also know as a jumpcourse but i have more than one block under it and while i was building it i never placed more than 2 blocks in a row going up

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
@Summer10
@Zippywins

So lets see, what have we learned here?

1. Keep an eye on your course so that when a zombie breaks it you can tell an op and have them fix it.

2. If you get a warn that you think is wrong you will be mad, granted, but you should stop. Take a step back (figuratively) and calmly ask the op why they warned you. Maybe you missed something, or maybe they did.

3. Ops need to stop as well and listen to what the player has to say. We are here to keep the game fun and fair for them. That means when someone has a complaint you listen to it. You don't brush it off as "just another player arguing with an op about a warn". If you missed something then admit you were wrong. If they missed something or misunderstood something calmly explain it to them.

4. Ops shouldn't rely on only /b. Though it is a useful tool it's a tad slow in the heat of the moment. They should instead use the command /highlight to see all the block changes made by the course's builder and use /b from there.

5. High or low, people are people. If you confront someone with harsh words they won't react to you well. So think about what you say before you say it. Especially in tense moments like these.

6. I need to go fix the wiki so it shows a better definition of pillars and towers.

I've looked at the logs, and yes I agree that summer's comment was a bit harsh. But zippy has made some similarly harsh comments in this thread so I'd call it even.

Status
Not open for further replies.